Mi Note 2 - Locked

Ishtiyaq

Members
Nov 17, 2016
Hi team,
Recently bought a Mi Note 2 curved, waiting for unlock approval. Few questions:

Is there any way I can unlock bootloader with approval - wait is killing.

Secondly, is your ROM supported on Mi Note 2? Is it without Chinese bloatware?

Many thanks in advance for guidance and help. I know im repeating few questions - just want to confirm.

Ishtiyaq
Check out xda for twrp without unlock. I'm on MAX. You may not need the unlock after all.
Also for the note, what network and is it LTE compatible?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Hi Badrsj

Thanks for your reply, got the approval have unlocked the bootloader.

Struggling with TWRP through ADB, tried Hermes and lithium no success.

Can I copy the EU ROM zip to my phone and update through Updater.

Thanks again

The best understanding I have is the updater in the EU ROM appears to have a script for TWRP - cause when I update from there "updater - select package - download - **. zip file" the process follows seamlessly thereafter - it installs and reboots.

The updater in original MI ROMS may not be configured for TWRP. Getting TWRP and making your backup is a good safety plan in the first place.

So my best recommendation is to do the TWRP.

BTW You did not say what network and are you getting 4 G. This is not the Global Version of the Note. Where and how much did you get for?

Thanks.

I'm in UAE, ordered through an online store in Dubai, was shipped from HongKong. Price AED. 2600, 6 GB RAM + 128 GB
Thanks

Reactions: Badrsj
Thanks - I'm in US - Need US LTE - will have to wait for global release before deciding which model. My experience with Mi - Max has been that buying the 64 Gb, 3Gb RAM was not the smartest move because the official support on that is lagging behind the smaller version.