Mi Note 3 Mic Bug

zetrhyme

Members
Dec 1, 2018
Mi note 3 has two mic. one is next to speaker at the bottom of the phone. second one (camera microphone probably) is at top of the phone. when ı record something with third applications, two mics are working. what I see in any other roms is second microphone should not record anything. ı want to use just main microphone. can you help me

The top one is noise cancelling microphone, it should not record anything but it becomes input to cancel out whatever considered a noise, i.e. those not recorded by the bottom mic. I have no idea if you can drop that functionality, probably by doing something to media_profiles.xml / mixer_paths_tasha.xml.

The top one is noise cancelling microphone, it should not record anything but it becomes input to cancel out whatever considered a noise, i.e. those not recorded by the bottom mic. I have no idea if you can drop that functionality, probably by doing something to media_profiles.xml / mixer_paths_tasha.xml.
I think maybe it is because they should be used to record a sound in stereo ... I'm quite ignorant but to me the recorded sound seems nice clean and without much background noise ...