Mi Note 3 Stock China Rom Vs Xiaomi.eu Rom

Akaki

Members
Mar 7, 2018
Hello everybody, I have just started using a new Mi Note 3 that I purchased from a local store.. I quickly found out that Xiaomi seems to be either quite slow or completely ignorant of updating the phone for its global users (considering every other new-ish phone released by them has been updated recently). It is somewhat understandable, as Mi Note 3 was not intended to be sold outside of China. I sort of knew that before buying this phone, however it was the best option for me. I could have bought the Mi 6, but it had one big downside for me and it was the size of the screen, so I decided to buy this phone instead. Now, sorry to bore you with the details, but is there any reason to install Xiaomi.eu ROM over the stock China ROM? The China ROM seems to get updates unlike the global version of the ROM.. so I am thinking whether or not I should install it over the ROM provided here. I am aware that the Chinese ROM has bloatware, however, I am not exactly new to removing things like that, as long as it's not embedded into the ROM in a weird way that makes it really hard to remove. So, my question still stands.. I've read the documentations for the Xiaomi.eu ROM, but I just want to know how bad the Chinese ROM is when it comes to bloatware and other stuff like that (I've read somewhere that you may get issues with Google apps after installation, not sure how credible that statement is though).

Also note that the official miui global stable got interactive notification while the china rom did not, which xiaomi.eu is based.