Mi Note 3 Twrp 3.2.3-0 Recovery [jason] [unofficial]

Codered

Members
Mar 14, 2014
Mi Note 3 TWRP - 3.2.2-0 Unofficial

twrp_300-jpg.18005

Essentials:
-Bootloader Unlocked
-USB DATA cable (the one that came with your device)
-Before proceeding: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 7/8/10 64-Bit
-Enable USB Debugging - Goto Settings > Additional settings > Developer options > USB Debugging / Enable (If you have not activated Developer options, then Goto Settings > About phone > tap MIUI version 7 times > You are now a developer)
-Battery is charged at least 50%.

Changelog:
* Fix automatic installing of OTA zips on encrypted devices
* Remove SuperSU from TWRP
* Support both md5 and md5sum file extensions when doing MD5 checking for zip files

Build Notes:
-Data partition auto decrypt
-Disable dm verity (boot check)
-Data Partition non-encrypted state
-More partition backup/restore
-Special feature root/unroot, clear password, dm verity
-Mtp & USB Otg working

Contributors:
@suatsari

Screenshots:

Screenshot_2018-05-02-10-30-41.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-30-47.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-30-55.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-30-58.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-31-04.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-31-08.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-31-12.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-31-16.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-31-20.pngScreenshot_2018-05-02-10-31-24.png

- Twrp 3.2.1-0 Jason v1 ( 8.2.21 Beta and Before )
Download

- Twrp 3.2.1-0 Jason v2 ( 8.3.1 Beta - 9.5.3.0 Stable and After )
Download

- Twrp 3.2.1-0 Jason v3 ( 8.4.26 Beta - 9.5.10.0 Stable )
Download

- Twrp 3.2.1-0 Jason v4 ( Miui 10 Oreo )
Download

- Twrp 3.2.2-0 Jason ( Old Build:p )
Download

-Twrp 3.2.3-0 Jason ( New Build )
Download

* Updated
- Fixed touchscreen issues (Updated kernel image)
- Updated default color scheme
- Updated Magisk 17.1

Last edited:
Is USB OTG working in the version of TWRP? I have a different version of TWRP ("TWRP_3.2.1.3_Jason"), and it doesn't work.

Care, makes wipe data when installing

Does it? I always was under the impression that it is unlocking the bootloader which wipes data, not flashing TWRP. So, if I already have an unlocked bootloader (from before the first installation of an older version of TWRP) it should be possible to flash a new TWRP without affecting data. Right???

Codered, could you please create a zip file that can directly been flashed from TWRP!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah thanks, I didn't realize that TWRP allows flashing img files, too.
Could you please confirm that flashing your file in this way does not erase other partitions? I of course do have a backup, but I'd rather not go through all the restore process if I can save this time.

Codered, could you please take a second to answer when you have time. Does flashing your TWRP erase other parts of the phone, e.g. the data partition? A "yes" or "no" as an answer is fully sufficient :)
I would not have asked unless Molgorth (post #4) suggested it does...

Codered, could you please take a second to answer when you have time. Does flashing your TWRP erase other parts of the phone, e.g. the data partition? A "yes" or "no" as an answer is fully sufficient :)
I would not have asked unless Molgorth (post #4) suggested it does...
When installing twrp on your system, why delete/wipe other partitions? But you can delete/wipe your own free will.
If you want to install custom rom on your phone, you can should format data. (his recommendation #4)

Last edited:
When installing twrp on your system, why delete/wipe other partitions? But you can delete/wipe your own free will.
If you want to install custom rom on your phone, you can should format data. (his recommendation #4)

Thanks for your answer - this is what I expected (see my earlier post). I have now flashed your TWRP version, it works very well for me and also looks good. Thank you for the work you put into it!

Reactions: Codered
also you can wipe persist and then your phone is fu**** up.. how to fix that? i cant flash persist.img with fastboot..

copy persist.img to internal storage, twrp > install > image > persist.img (select persist tickbox)
you should not delete without taking a backup.

Reactions: Vihru
also you can wipe persist and then your phone is fu**** up.. how to fix that? i cant flash persist.img with fastboot..
Flash persist with twrp.

Put persist on root, boot into twrp, goto Mount, choose persist, unchoose Read only if its ticked. Goto wipe, choose persist, repair and repair partition( just in case, can probably skip this) goto install and pick flash img, choose persist.img and then choose persist when you will pick where to flash. Hope it solves it.

Skickat från min Mi Note 3 via Tapatalk

Are you going to keep updating this one? Maybe put it as a project on xda? :)

Flash persist with twrp.

Put persist on root, boot into twrp, goto Mount, choose persist, unchoose Read only if its ticked. Goto wipe, choose persist, repair and repair partition( just in case, can probably skip this) goto install and pick flash img, choose persist.img and then choose persist when you will pick where to flash. Hope it solves it.

yes, i got it.. is there somekind repair function? that repair partition? i havent heard that..

yes, i got it.. is there somekind repair function? that repair partition? i havent heard that..
Sometimes a custom can screw Up the partions, so it comes in handy :) it happened me when I tested epicrom and was going back to miui.eu and got that system was corrupt :)

Has anyone had trouble with the screen not registering touches in TWRP? I tried two different versions of TWRP, including Codered's version above, and when my phone boots into it, the screen won't respond to any presses.

I've realised that TWRP is unresponsive only if my phone doesn't vibrate when it restarts prior to entering TWRP. When it's unresponsive, I force a restart into TWRP by pressing the power button and volume up button simultaneously. The phone is never unresponsive when booting normally, so it's not clearly a hardware issue. However, it occurs in two different builds of TWRP that I've tried. Any suggestions?

Edit: I see I'm not the only one. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-3-1-1-0-no-working-touch-with-new-roms.42800/

Has anyone had trouble with the screen not registering touches in TWRP? I tried two different versions of TWRP, including Codered's version above, and when my phone boots into it, the screen won't respond to any presses.

I've realised that TWRP is unresponsive only if my phone doesn't vibrate when it restarts prior to entering TWRP. When it's unresponsive, I force a restart into TWRP by pressing the power button and volume up button simultaneously. The phone is never unresponsive when booting normally, so it's not clearly a hardware issue. However, it occurs in two different builds of TWRP that I've tried. Any suggestions?

Edit: I see I'm not the only one. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/twrp-3-1-1-0-no-working-touch-with-new-roms.42800/

I have a new Mi Note 3 and have just installed Red Wolf TWRP and eu weekly 8.2.1.

Everything works fine so far, except sometimes touch in TWRP.

I usually have to do as you write - if touch does not work when you boot into TWRP, just hold power & +volume keys until it boots into TWRP again, and then touch works.

I haven't tried this so many times yet, so I don't know how consistent the problem is.

I haven't tried codereds TWRP yet.

I had same issue with touc screen not working in recovery but after flashing this new build it appears everything is working fine ! Thank you very much :)

I had same issue with touc screen not working in recovery but after flashing this new build it appears everything is working fine ! Thank you very much :)

Yes, mine didn't work after flashing when I chose to restart TWRP, but after doing a full restart, the touch screen works every time. Thanks for the work, Codered!