Mi Note From 4.4.4 To 6.0

mttrss5

Members
Sep 6, 2012
Hi everyone, on my Mi Note (not Pro) I'm stuck with MIUI 7 (version 5.12.11 | Beta) and I'd like to upgrade to Android 6.0 based MIUI.

From ROMs download section I can see that the last weekly is 6.4.21.

How can I update w/o loosing my data / apps?

I've the default MIUI recovery, just installed xiaomi.eu rom while ago.

Thank you for the support.

Anyone with some tutorial / step-by-step guide?
I am not sure if this is possible at all, like one could do with upgrading their Windows :)

I guess you could try doing a full NANDROID backup and then flashing 6.0 -based ROM without wiping your data partition.

While I personally don't believe you will have a big chance for success in upgrading your system this way, you will still be able to restore to where you were.

What is your reason to upgrade?

In your case I would install all again. It's a very different version.
I know it's boring but worthwhile

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can someone tell me the process for doing this? I havnt flashed a rom in a while. I am also running 5.12.11 beta and want to upgrade to Marshamallow rom. I don't mind doing a system wipe but can someone tell me the process?

Hello, if you do a search you should be able to find a complete guide, general steps:
Install: 5.12.17 two times
Install: TWRP
Install: Android 6 rom

Hello, if you do a search you should be able to find a complete guide, general steps:
Install: 5.12.17 two times
Install: TWRP
Install: Android 6 rom

Thanks man, is there no guide though for this? Like a step by step? I keep running searches for this and they are returning nothing :(

Thanks man, is there no guide though for this? Like a step by step? I keep running searches for this and they are returning nothing :(
Your phone is minote and mine same you, my phone run miui8 in beta dev weekly and i feel it works good, do you want to change to miui v8 dev version? I will guide you how to install your phone@@@