Mi Pad 4 stuck in fastboot

Thu001

Members
Feb 20, 2019
My Mi Pad 4 is stuck in fastboot mode, not able to boot and ADB doesn't reconize the device is in fastboot mode.

Need advice thanks

Last edited:
Hi, sry for the late response but as a general rule you you need to acess your recovery from the fastboot mode. ADB doesn't really help much (since you can't boot) but you can do basically everything you need/want within fastboot mode. I will present several solutions

1. Try installing TWRP for your device (you can either boot from the partition directly or flash it.) Either way, allow system modifications and now you can either factory reset or flash a rom

1.1. Since you are in TWRP you can flash a ROM (e.g. from the XDA forum). Don't forget to do factory resets/format data and so on (do some research about that please). Don't worry too much about potential error codes (e.g. error7) since you can google them and fix them one way or another.

2. In case 1/1.1. doesn't help, just grab the official fastboot rom for your device (search on the official miui forum for that). And execute the "flash_all.bat" (don't know the exact name) but DON'T FLASH "*lock_all.bat" or "*keep_user_data.bat"

Now you should be good2go. Oh, for flashing TWRP (or anything from fastboot mode) you need the "minimal adb/fastboot tools" from xda. A quick google search should do the trick. Tell me if it helped ^^ and if so glad I could helped :D

Reactions: Thu001
Hi, sorry for the late reply i thought i wasn't gonna get any. The problem now is i've accidentally relocked the BL and my computer is not reconizing the Mi Pad 4 in Fastboot mode anymore. I'm not sure what else to do. I'm only able to go to Fastboot mode and nothing else.

Hi there!

Usually the phone/tablet should get detected in fastboot mode (independent of whether your BL is locked or not).

Sounds really generic but try again reinstalling the adb/fastboot drivers. It's pretty important that you get it done right.

Try following this XDA thread and report back asap so we can figure out another solution (like EDL mode but I don't think that would be necessary).
Also try downloading mi flash tool - it will install the necessary drivers as well. Maybe it'll get detected there (and if so) you can flash your respective fastboot rom immediately

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Thu001
Hi sorry for the late reply.

I'm able to get the fastboot detected on my computer but when i use the xiaomi flash tool and try to flash a ROM it keeps saying "flashing is not allowed in lock state".

i'm not sure what to do since i can't boot into the device to unlock the bootloader

Last edited:
You need to unlock the bootloader again. Keep your phone in fastboot mode (that's needed anyway for unlocking), and use the Xiaomi unlocking program on your PC. Log into your MI account, then attach your phone (while in fastboot mode), and proceed for unlocking. It should work, otherwise please come back here with a screenshot of the PC to show the possible error you get.
If you unlocked the bootloader in the past, there is no need to boot into Android to do anything. The important thing is that your device is bound to your Mi account, which will be the case anyway from your first unlocking.

Last edited:
Tried unlocking bootloader but it came back as "couldn't verify device" and then some chinese writing below it i couldn't understand. In the past when i unlocked my bootloader i had to set up "find my device" and then it was able to unlock but now i can't do it anymore since i can't boot into the device. Is there any other method left?

Tried unlocking bootloader but it came back as "couldn't verify device" and then some chinese writing below it i couldn't understand. In the past when i unlocked my bootloader i had to set up "find my device" and then it was able to unlock but now i can't do it anymore since i can't boot into the device. Is there any other method left?

Try it again, take a screenshot, and either post it here or use Google translate to translate the Chinese error message to your language.

Unknown error (-1)

Untitled.png

Flashing using xiaomi flash tool. flashing official ROM

Attachments

• lock state.png
    lock state.png
    110.6 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
weird - what did you do before this problem started? Did you flash or wipe anything in TWRP? It's hard to believe this error comes out of the blue.

I relocked my bootloader because I left the default selection of lock after flash set on MiFlash

but I was able to unlock again using my email address and password to log in when I started miUnlock

from there I flashed the chinese fastboot ROM with miflash

then used the TWRP tool to flash

this time I had the Havoc ROM on the internal storage

and now I am stuck in the Havoc splash screen and rebooting into TWRP leaves me on the TWRP flash screen

thus why I am here :) - will download the EU ROM and go from there

good luck with getting your mipad back up and running