Mi Phone Unlock

Jan 8, 2017
Maybe a stupid question but I cannot seem to find the answer.
A few months ago I bought a Mi 5S and asked Xiaomi for permission to unlock it.
I got it per SMS and it states that permission is granted for my divice (with a reference to my Mi account number).
Now I want to buy a Mi 6 and sell the Mi 5S.
Do I now have to ask for permission to unlock again or can I just use the same Mi account on my new phone?
When I start up the new phone and fill in the Google and Mi Account credentials will it then automatically put everything on the new phone (with the old Mi account which already has been granted unlock permission)?
Or is the permission specific for the Mi 5S?

You can unlock one device per month, so if you unlocked your Mi 5s for the first time a few months ago, yes you can. Once you unlock a new device, you can relock and unlock the device as many times as you want. Hope this helped you :)

Reactions: 00dragan00
Wow! That same question I have in my mind, buy two Xiaomi devices (Mi5 Pro and Mi5S), and send the request to unlock Bootloader, then, after the month, I have to re-request the unlock ?? But Xiaomi already has a unlock request ,? How it works, thank you very much to all friends!

JC

Wow! That same question I have in my mind, buy two Xiaomi devices (Mi5 Pro and Mi5S), and send the request to unlock Bootloader, then, after the month, I have to re-request the unlock ?? But Xiaomi already has a unlock request ,? How it works, thank you very much to all friends!

JC
If you request to unlock a mi device, you can unlock one new Mi device per month without having to request again. Once you unlocked a device, you can relock and unlock it as many times as you want.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk

If you request to unlock a mi device, you can unlock one new Mi device per month without having to request again. Once you unlocked a device, you can relock and unlock it as many times as you want.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 5 met Tapatalk
Perfect, I understand ..! Thank you, hopefully my application for unlock arrives soon. I have the Mi5 Pro with fake ROM :( and the Mi5 S with ROM China lol, thank you compi, sorry for the bad English.

JC