Mi Smart clock not streaming Mi Camera360

Mrki

Members
Apr 13, 2012
I got Mi smart clock that is advertised to stream Mi Security Camera 360°, but when I ask it to stream the camera it only shows the text: Mi Security Camera 360° streaming, without any image

I have the same problem also, anyone found the solution maybe?

Can you see the video stream via Google Home app? I can’t stream the video there either.

I have the same problem and tried a lot of different things, mainly network related since my Mi Home account connects to google home with no issues.
I found the following after a little testing:
1. The clock connects(or not) to the camera and streams a black image.
2. Images are displayed at random intervals but the stream keeps buffering and it stops after a while.
3. Stream was stable with a 3-second delay for about 2 minutes.
4. Stream was live with sound for 20 seconds then completely died.

I have a router with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, with smart connect capability (it autodetects if a device should connect to 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz).
When this is enabled it simply never works, ever... always step 1.
If however, I disable 5G then I start getting steps 2, 3, and 4.
As mentioned by other users above, the same behavior is present for Chromecast.
Clock or camera positioning from the router does absolutely nothing.
I have 3 cameras, 2x Mi Camera 360 older version and 1x Mi Camera 360 newer version, again the streaming is always random.

Again, as mentioned above by other users, this is very inconvenient because I bought this smart clock, as advertised specially for this feature. I wanted to always (or at least on demand) have a live feed on my desk.
Does anyone know if it's a port forwarding issue?
Does the Clock or better yet does the Google Assistant+Xiaomi link rely solely on the internet or can also be used on LAN?
Any other notes that could help would be appreciated.

I also have a basic router, will try making a network just for the camera and the clock to see if anything happens.