Mi smart home app can not add scenes

Dim99

Members
Sep 21, 2022
I try to add a first scene in mi smart home app without success. I have add my devices. I set "if" and "then" condition but the app falls in a loop and starts over from "if" condition again! What's wrong with it? (I admit that I am new at home automation)

Reactions: CosmosKGr
I found a compromising solution. I installed the app (Mi Smart Home) on the PC with an android emulator, and worked perfect. Now I create the scenes on the PC and I manage them on my phone. It seems that the problem has to do with my phone (Samsung A52S).

I found a compromising solution. I installed the app (Mi Smart Home) on the PC with an android emulator, and worked perfect. Now I create the scenes on the PC and I manage them on my phone. It seems that the problem has to do with my phone (Samsung A52S).
I have the issue with Xiaomi phone as well.
How did you install android emulator? Could you help with that?

Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately it does not with all appliances - I can set up scenes OK, but for the lamp scene is unresponsive (does not turn on/off lamp on switch single press as dictated). Other scenes are executed just fine.

Let's hope that this is fixed on next update.

In the meantime if anyone knows a workaround for this, any help is welcome!

October is over and the problem still remains!
It is truly unbelievable to me that they let such a serious problem persist for so long! It practically completely disables all owners of such systems from creating rules to control their devices!
It's only through emulator that I manage to manage it somewhat (since, from there, the problem does not arise) but it is not possible to consider this as a "solution".

Reactions: nasosmitro
Same here.. Does anyone know any other app that can communicate with Xiaomi devices?
Otherwise especially every sensor that we have is useless.

Same here.. Does anyone know any other app that can communicate with Xiaomi devices?
Otherwise especially every sensor that we have is useless.
I suggest you try Xiaomi Mi Home app from an Android emulator (if you can do that). This works for me and, indirectly, I "bypass" the problem.
I use BlueStacks Android emulator as an OnePlus 5 Android device, on MS Windows 10.

I suggest you try Xiaomi Mi Home app from an Android emulator (if you can do that). This works for me and, indirectly, I "bypass" the problem.
I use BlueStacks Android emulator as an OnePlus 5 Android device, on MS Windows 10.
I tried what you said and I get an error when I m going to install mi home via bluestacks.. Any suggestions?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G980F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Last edited:
I tried what you said and I get an error when I m going to install mi home via bluestacks.. Any suggestions?

My friend, unfortunately I dont know why what you say is happening to you.
What error are you getting when trying to install? Is it an app or operating system error?
Can you install any other apps there normally, or are you having a more general problem with the installations?
My BluStacks version (which also writes it on the top left) is 4.280.0.1022.

CosmosKGR and patera_ gave two solutions. Both of them worked for me.

Here same.
Two solution We have.
Old version using wo issue. Im used one end of 2021 version.
Change the language to Deutsch for scene adding.