Mi TV 2 - Broadcasting music via AirPlay when TV is turned off

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by tinwhy, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Hello,

I was wondering whether it's possible to broadcast music from a desktop computer (e.g. iTunes) or from iPad using AirPlay when the Mi TV 2 is NOT on.

I managed to connect to the soundbar and subwoofers via Bluetooth but I'd like to use the AirPlay from my desktop computer since I do not have any Bluetooth capabilities on it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers!

2. nikko82

nikko82Members

Nov 23, 2014
    Male
    Hello tinwhy,

Did you find out about this? Or can anyone else answer the question? I would also like to be able to stream music using eg. AirPlay or play music on Spotify on the TV without keeping the screen on. Is that possible?

3. Hello,

I have notre been able to use airplay while the TV screen is off.
    I am doing that via Bluetooth though from my mobile devices.

I preferred Airplay because I wanted to play music from my desktop computer to the speakers since I don't have bluetooth emitting device on the computer.

And when the TV is on, I cannot broadcast music to the speakers via Airplay (haven't tried too much though).

Also the screen mirroring function from iPad to TV seems to be disabled. Anyone knows why?

4. nikko82

nikko82Members

Nov 23, 2014
    Male
  5. If you emit via bluetooth when tv is switched off, you could effectively play any sound from the device emitting (the device must be able to pair via bluetooth to the mi speakers

Share Our Site