1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mi Tv Bar Bricked (doesn't Boot Anymore)

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by furiousjay, Jan 27, 2017.

1. furiousjay

furiousjay Members

Hello! Before some days I received my new Xiaomi TV Bar. I was very excited and tried to get the maximum out of this device. So I figured out how to install the google playstore, root the device and switch the language to english. All worked fine.

But then I made a huge mistake. I edited the build.prop because I wanted to install the Leanback Android TV Launcher on my Xiaomi Soundbar. Well... The Android TV Launcher started but after I rebooted the device, it didn't boot anymore. All it does is show me a black Mi-Logo for about 5 to 10 Seconds and then switches off again. Unfortunately I don't know how to enter the recovery mode or how to get any access to my Soundbar at all. I have a backup of the build.prop I edited but this doesn't help too. Maybe anyone here has an idea how I can get my Sounbar back to work?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jan__

Jan__ Members

You can enter recovery by holding + & - vol buttons and then ON (with tv bar off).

3. furiousjay

furiousjay Members

thank you for your help. I could enter the recovery mode and factory reset my device. Anyway it still does not boot. I think it's because I changed the build.prop file which must be correct in order to boot. I can only boot into a factory test mode as second system in the recovery menu. But there also is nothing I can do.

4. saalmaan

saalmaan Members

I was in exact same situation after editing my build.prop file. I had to reinstall from official ROM. follow this thread for more help https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-tv-clinic-all-version-well-try-to-fix-your-problems.28888/

5. speedoftime

speedoftime Members

Did you root Mi TV bar by MI Box rooting guide?

Share Our Site