Mi Tv Bar Bricked (doesn't Boot Anymore)

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by furiousjay, Jan 27, 2017.

1. furiousjay

furiousjayMembers

Jan 27, 2017
    Male
    Hello! Before some days I received my new Xiaomi TV Bar. I was very excited and tried to get the maximum out of this device. So I figured out how to install the google playstore, root the device and switch the language to english. All worked fine.

But then I made a huge mistake. I edited the build.prop because I wanted to install the Leanback Android TV Launcher on my Xiaomi Soundbar. Well... The Android TV Launcher started but after I rebooted the device, it didn't boot anymore. All it does is show me a black Mi-Logo for about 5 to 10 Seconds and then switches off again. Unfortunately I don't know how to enter the recovery mode or how to get any access to my Soundbar at all. I have a backup of the build.prop I edited but this doesn't help too. Maybe anyone here has an idea how I can get my Sounbar back to work?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jan__

Jan__Members

Sep 3, 2015
    Male
    You can enter recovery by holding + & - vol buttons and then ON (with tv bar off).

3. furiousjay

furiousjayMembers

Jan 27, 2017
    Male
    thank you for your help. I could enter the recovery mode and factory reset my device. Anyway it still does not boot. I think it's because I changed the build.prop file which must be correct in order to boot. I can only boot into a factory test mode as second system in the recovery menu. But there also is nothing I can do.

4. saalmaan

saalmaanMembers

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    I was in exact same situation after editing my build.prop file. I had to reinstall from official ROM. follow this thread for more help https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-tv-clinic-all-version-well-try-to-fix-your-problems.28888/

5. speedoftime

Mar 8, 2017
    Did you root Mi TV bar by MI Box rooting guide?

Share Our Site