Mi Tv Clinic (all Version) - We'll Try To Fix Your Problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Kaitozaki, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    #26Kaitozaki,Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    hi sorry about that...the links are all mine...i was sure i choose without keys...will update the link again soon...

EDIT: i have updated the links

2. russxue

russxueMembers

Jan 15, 2017
    Male
    Hi Guys, just want to contribute to the forum. My MiTV3 60 inch with 1.2.0 was rooted and in the process of trying to unroot it, i messed up and the TV could not boot and function normally. I manage to get this ROM version 1.2.11.988 . It helped me. It should work for MiTV2 and MiTV3. Just a note that i found is that after 1.2.0 xiaomi decided not to auto update after that due to the many problems such as purple screen etc. For some people, you may want to flash this version and get the tv working again before refreshing back to older versions if there are any issues. However, i need to post 10 replies before i can share a link. Hence this is one.

bragon likes this.
  3. russxue

russxueMembers

Jan 15, 2017
    Male
    Hi Guys, just want to contribute to the forum. My MiTV3 60 inch with 1.2.0 was rooted and in the process of trying to unroot it, i messed up and the TV could not boot and function normally. I manage to get this ROM version 1.2.11.988 . It helped me. It should work for MiTV2 and MiTV3. Just a note that i found is that after 1.2.0 xiaomi decided not to auto update after that due to the many problems such as purple screen etc. For some people, you may want to flash this version and get the tv working again before refreshing back to older versions if there are any issues. This link is in my one drive.
    1drv.ms[backslash]u[backslash]s!Av0-g1hn_nfbgnSIDCkjzTfs1Y6L

4. russxue

russxueMembers

Jan 15, 2017
    Male
    trying to work round the limitations. replace the [backslash] with /

5. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    ROM version 1.2.11.988 is for

--update_package=/udisk/update-inception.zip

codename "inception"

ro.build.flavor=inception-user
    ro.product.model=MiTV3
    ro.product.brand=Xiaomi
    ro.product.name=inception
    ro.product.device=inception

6. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    after entered Recovery Mode, what next i have to do to reflash 1.2.11.988 firmware for MiTV3 ? Can you help me more @russxue and @Kaitozaki ?

7. russxue

russxueMembers

Jan 15, 2017
    Male
    Boot into recovery first and clear all cache and data and reboot into the system you want to flash.
    Turn off main power, plug in USB drive with the rom.
    On the sound bar, press hold up and down volume button and press the on button on the sound bar. Once the system starts, it will automatically update itself (The robot rabbit animation) and when done, you should boot into the blue screen per normal.
    If it doesn't show the habit animation screen, you should open up the USB drive if you have update-inception.zip, xiaomi_update and xiaomi_update-inception these 3 files listed the moment you open the USB drive.

If it doesn't work, you might want to seek help elsewhere.

minhnkt likes this.
  8. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore

Make sure your USB drive is formated to fat32

minhnkt likes this.
  9. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    Because my MiTV3 only have system1 firmware, system2 when booted in, screen only show "Factory Test Mode".
    So if i want to reflash this firmware to system 2, all step i need to do is:
    1. Get in Recovery mode by press volume up and down at the same time
    2. Choose Reboot menu, then System 2, plug the USB
    3. Press OK button to reboot then hold volume up and down again
    4. See firmware will be reflash.

Is that right?

10. russxue

russxueMembers

Jan 15, 2017
    Male
    If it works, its right : P The only thing that matters is :
    1. You are on system 2 before you flash so that it flashes system 2.
    2. The USB drive has to be plugged in before the TV boots, then
    3. Boot the TV using recovery method(hold vol up+down and press ON)

Troubleshoot:
    If it boots into recovery menu, then there may be problem with the USB drive. (Using a SD card plugged into a USB adapter as a USB drive may not work in case you doing it this way)

P.S i have not tried to flash the system 2 "Factory Test Mode" so i cannot advise if it will work.

11. bragon

bragonMembers

May 24, 2016
    Male
    @rusxue
    My current TV 3S 48" are:
    1. Android version: 4.4.4
    2. Product code: hancock
    3. Model: MiTV2-40
    4. System 1 died and this was rooted before. It boots at black screen and go into Recovery Mode every time
    5. System 2 works now. Its firmware version is 1.2.6 and I cannot use root tool with it (PermRoot, KingoRoot, King Root) to overwrite the system 1 image backup

Can I use your firmware to get back system 1 again and it will not break my current system 2?

Thanks,
    Bragon

12. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Hi.

I keep receiving Google Play Server error and I could not use Play Store after updating to this version (1.2.11) and don't know what else I should do.

After updating to this version, I root it (it is actually painfull to root this one) and install all google app and services using Google Installer. Then I moved all the Google apps to System... I also update Google Play service to the latest version... BUT I am still receiving Google Play Service error. I had done the same thing with my previous 1.2 version and there is no problem with Play Store at all.

Any suggestion, please?

13. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    no...the tuner is used for china...
    Im staying in Singapore and my tuner here is dvb-t2 only...theirs is different...

14. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #39minhnkt,Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Sadly, it didnt work :( i couldnt flash to system2 (Factory Test Mode). It always jump to system1.

After that, i decide root system1 after update from 1.2.0 to 1.2.11.988,
    mytv3 was rooted with kingroot 5.0.3 and PlayStore also worked perfectly.
    But i have another problem:

- screen flicker black once every 30 minutes (1-2sec maybe), you have any advise for me ?@russxue and @Kaitozaki.
    I've heard that someone disable Kingroot to fix this issue, but i couldnt find the way to do it, both in Titanium Backup and Settings/Apps menu
    - now i cant re-flash this firmware again to system1 after rooted (only run about few percents then start over)

Maybe i dont need to reflash or upgrade firmware, but screen flicker so terrible :(

15. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    I managed to reinstall the Google Play services and Gapps and it's now working fine.

Now, my other issue is actually the "long 5 to 15 seconds ads" when turning TV on from standby. Earlier, it was like 2 seconds and after installing this version, it is longer. I used Adsawy, but it did not help at all. Anyone experienced this and any way to disable this ads?

16. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    Use Titanium Backup Pro to freeze StandbyCover app :D,
    i dont recommend you delete any system app, just because i dont have any way to get back or restore system until now.

17. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Thanks. I will try this.

18. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    Seems that i've found the way to fix black screen flicker after rooted by Kingroot.
    just deleted com.kingroot.kinguser-1 folder in /data/app
    after deleted, all apps need root permission were unable to run: like Root Explorer, ADB Wifi,...
    and black screen flicker are gone :D, voila !
    but dont worry, re-install Kingroot, all the apps run back.

Anyone re-test and confirm for me ?

19. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore

i think you deleted root manually...that would be the folder...

if you think kingroot is the problem then try to install kingroot then install superSU over the kingroot...that way you can have the root activated but with superSU...

20. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    Exactly, im finding the way to disable Kingroot temporary, because i dont know whats going on if i try to uninstall Kingroot.

i also try some method to replace Kingroot by SuperSu but not success, even SuperSuMe.

21. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    Please try the one in my main post... i have done it and it works...using android terminal to manually inject...

minhnkt likes this.
  22. Boern

BoernMembers

Jan 28, 2017
    I'm having a problem with your method using android terminal.
    After typing the command line "sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh i'm getting an error message: "Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR]

Any Solutions?

23. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    follow the video...i do believe there will be an error...i followed the video and got it installed...when all done kingroot will be gone and superSU will be there instead...

24. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #49minhnkt,Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    I've found that SuperSuMe only work with kingroot 4.8.1, no luck with newer version.
    and your manual way run no error with Kingroot < 4.9.0

25. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    i have used super sume before...always gets stuck...i prefer the manual way...

Share Our Site