Mi Tv Clinic (all Version) - We'll Try To Fix Your Problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Kaitozaki, Oct 28, 2015.

1. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    I have no luck with manual script with kingroot 5.0.2, too :( btw, i only use root access to remove chinese apps and change launcher :) now its all done he he. Thank you thousand times for this topic. Just waiting for custom firmware or custom recovery in near future.

2. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    Yes i do hope there is a custom firmware...too many junk...

3. shurick_sumy

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Hi people,
    I need your help.
    I tried to update firmware on my MI TV 3S 48" and I made a mistake.
    From flash drive I installed a wrong firmware for MI TV 2S and now my TV even does not turn on in any mode.
    I have asked MI support in my country (Ukraine) but have not received any answer yet.

Please, advice in what way factory firmware can be returned. What tools I should use and how I can connect to device.

I cannot send my TV to China and need any help with my stupid mistake.

4. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    Does it have any light indication at all? I dont think a wrong firmware would brick recovery...try to boot into recovery from the infrared sensor itself...

5. shurick_sumy

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    No. There is no any working indicator. Inside of zip file of "wrong" firmware I have found recovery files, kernel and I think files of boot loader. So TV even cannot properly boot and enter in recovery mode, I suppose. I face such issue many times on phones, but they have USB port and flah tool. And I can easely load any new firmware. In case of TV I have no idea were I can get such soft, firmware and how connect to TV directly.

6. 328958

328958Members

Aug 2, 2016
    I am from Sumy too Как с тобой связаться?

7. shurick_sumy

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    O98 ОI8 55O5

8. Lyuben

LyubenMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Male
    Anyone care to edit the boot image file?

Hi dear,have real problem with mi Mi 2 55 inches, try to root it with Kingo root-couldn't i,after have remove Kingo root,after few hours picture start freezing ,try to recovery-only blue screen with MI and some Chinese words,have try couple times,wipe cash,user and all data-just the same blue screen what is shut down after few minutes.Is it possible to flash and recovery from USB,what i have to do,bought TV from China with apex launcher have English menu-seller made it in China.Please help me what i have to do,also after put "recovery" mode ,can't drive menu from touch pad on the bottom of TV,only from remote control(few people drive recovery menu here in internet only with this pad.Have some bootable flash recovery to some factory firmware,some stable version ,just TV to works ..like monitor for example,very bad situation,can't watch anything.Best regards from me.PS.Forgot-all problems comes after try to update my firmware from Mi site-" intelingent MI TV update true settings box on TV-stable 1.3.8,i'v got after downloading from net the same picture on TV and make recovery to fectory(think 1.170 or something)
    Lyuben.

Attached Files:

9. Lyuben

LyubenMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Male
    По русский говорить я тоже умею не множко,прошу все знатоки,котор1ье здесц в форуме находятся-помоготе славяна,прошу!!!

10. Lyuben

LyubenMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Male
    Фърмуер ,которь1 работает через УСБ мне нужен,просмотрите мой проблем.Спасибо большое!

11. Lyuben

LyubenMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Male
    Hi dear,have real problem with mi Mi 2 55 inches,first problem was,when i try to update to 1.3.8 via setting menu and lan cable.TV shows the same problem,but on recovery mode gose to factory firmware,after this firmware try to root it with Kingo root-couldn't i,after have remove Kingo root,after few hours picture start freezing ,try to recovery-only blue screen with MI and some Chinese words,have try couple times,wipe cash,user and all data-just the same blue screen what is shut down after few minutes.Is it possible to flash and recovery from USB,what i have to do,bought TV from China with apex launcher have English menu-seller made it in China.Please help me what i have to do,also after put "recovery" mode ,can't drive menu from touch pad on the bottom of TV,only from remote control(few people drive recovery menu here in internet only with this pad.Have some bootable flash recovery to some factory firmware,some stable version ,just TV to works ..like monitor for example,very bad situation,can't watch anything.Best regards from me.PS.Forgot-all problems comes after try to update my firmware from Mi site-" intelingent MI TV update true settings box on TV-stable 1.3.8,i'v got after downloading from net the same picture on TV and make recovery
    to factory(think 1.170 or something)also have question,if i change motherboard shall it help,is the motherboard(curcuit board) is the same of 55,49,48 inches is eon't need some setup for stretching picture,did you think my TV is BRICK now,please help me.Here is pictures

Attached Files:

12. rrapa

rrapaMembers

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw / Poland
    So guys, I had same issue as Jarntag .. after installing kingroot I've ran script to replace it with SU. Script failed .. I've rebooted TV ( 48") and after reboot I was getting Blue screen with progress bar only (Update) which was moving about 1/5th only and TV was switching off. I was trying to boot in both systems as per picture below

[​IMG]
    So I have tried to download firmware for 49" - but This archive is corrupted - can not unzip it (please re-upload if possible)
    Then I have tried f/ware for 47" but got error during re-image and was presented with android menu

[​IMG]

So what I did , is - Wipe data / factory reset .. you can see that ADB option is available from here (in my case TV did not shows up in arp / on my router with any IP address so I was unable to use it). After hitting OK on the remote - TV got rebooted and went into Blue screen with update again .. So I've downloaded firmware for 55" 1.3.8.. and booted .. got good progress
    [​IMG]

and after around 20-30 mins get do that screen

[​IMG]

Don't be scared - as there says that you are "about to experience something new" .. because of the new tile look ... finally TV was booted OK and I have that brand new (IMHO it's quite a mess) GUI ...

Now .. standard startSettings.apk works for translation .. but because there is lot of new links / functions - lot of them are untranslated to english .. is there a way to extract that from image for translation ? and then prepared translated image ? or edit startSettings.apk with additional translation ?

I can help / or provide translation to english if I will get the text to translate. Thank you guys

Kaitozaki likes this.
  13. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    i will update the links again,

so far no one has made a custom rom...will plan to do one soon

cause in time they won't have updates anymore...

14. Vietales

VietalesMembers

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    @rrapa is your mitv3 or 3s
    @Kaitozaki can you creat fw from system.img that is cloned from mitv3 48"?

15. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    @Vietales not that i do not want to, but we need more experts here...

16. rrapa

rrapaMembers

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw / Poland
    It's Mi TV 2s

17. rrapa

rrapaMembers

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    Warsaw / Poland
    I will work on adding more translation to StartSettings.apk .. but . .currently out of free time

18. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Anyone now managed to replace KingRoot 5.X with SuperSU?

19. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #69minhnkt,Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    what TV model are you using ? Im using MiTV3 60", and now safe to restore all 1.2.11, 1.3.4 and 1.3.11 stock firmware offline, upgrade or downgrade all ok.

So, if you're using this model, you can restore your TV, after that do all step from the beginning :D
    Don't be scared, i fixed all problem like pink-screen, flick black screen, restore System2 from Factory Test Mode to normal, deleted all junk chinese app, even change launcher, install VoiceControl if you have voice-remote(bluetooth).

Vichet likes this.
  20. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    #70Vichet,Feb 15, 2017
    Thanks for response. My TV is TV3 55". I have updated from 1.2.11 to 1.3.13 now. How do you remove Kingroot and install SuperSU? I also hate this new launcher on version 1.3.13. Appreciate if you can also tell what launcher you are using? I don't seem to see 1.3.11. It was upgraded from 1.2.11 to 1.3.X and then 1.3.13.

Thanks @minhnkt

21. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #71minhnkt,Feb 15, 2017
    Thanks mtungtn and yansign8x from miui.vn.

1. To replace Kingroot: i rooted my TV by Kingroot 4.9.2, and use w0lfdroid to replace, (download link at the end this tutorial)
    Install BusyBox Pro v28.apk first (don't try newer version, i dont know why but i only success with v28)
    Run BusyBox, wait for load status has 100%, click Install, then follow the tutorial.

after run root.sh script, SuperSu will ask you to update SU Binaries, allow it, select Normal when it ask.
    Reboot your TV, check root permission (by Root Checker_v5.9.7_apkpure.com.apk), if OK, i remove Kingroot by (System App remover ROOT.apk)
    reboot again, and it done, maybe this reboot was longer than normal, but stay calm.

I read somewhere that somesone can remove Kingroot by SuperSUME Pro apk, but not success with me :(

2. There are 2 launcher were suitable for TV in my opinion: HALauncher and LeanBack. I prefer to use HALaucher because i install and remove a lot of Apps, in Leanback laucher, if i want to show shortcut of Apps on Homescreen, i have to mod APK file, wasted time, and of course, HALaucher was softer than Leanback.

After install new laucher (HALaucher), i use app to move it from user-app to system-app (by system app mover ★ ROOT ★_v1.7.2_apkpure.com.apk), set it as home launcher, my TV was load HALaucher as default instead of default Chinese Laucher, that was the reason i upgrade my TV to lastest firmware now (1.3.13) to get stable (i think that, hehe)

3. I also install remove all junk Chinese Apps (list in the end of this post) and Install Xposed (), to get Youtube Adaway, and MinMinGuard, youtube all clear of ads, i love that.

i recommend you copy 2 folder data/app and /system/vendor/app out to your USB to restore in future if necessary (like update firmware, i removed it all because i hate TV autoupdate or reinstall app i've removed)

Vichet and Kaitozaki like this.
  22. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Wow. Thanks for this. I will try this and will see how it works.

23. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #73minhnkt,Feb 15, 2017
    He he.

i forgot, after install HALauncher, press Home button on remote will take you to Home Screen of HALauncher, press and hold Back button will take you stock Chinese Launcher.

If you can't find any APK i used, ask me :D

I'd prefer PureApk Store than GooglePlay, GooglePlay taken about 70MB RAM so i'm not happy, but if you really need GooglePlay Store (for VoiceControl example), ask me, i'll give you script to install.

24. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Thanks @minhnkt. I managed to remove Kingroot and install SuperSU. Playstore also works well. BTW, with HALauncher, there is no Analog TV app shown in the "all apps" list. How do you add "Analog TV" to the list?

25. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #75minhnkt,Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    You can hold Menu button on your remote to choose input option.

Vichet likes this.

Share Our Site