Mi Tv Clinic (all Version) - We'll Try To Fix Your Problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Kaitozaki, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Vichet

VichetMembers

Jan 25, 2017
    Thanks @minhnkt. I managed to remove Kingroot and install SuperSU. Playstore also works well. BTW, with HALauncher, there is no Analog TV app shown in the "all apps" list. How do you add "Analog TV" to the list?

2. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #77minhnkt,Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    You can hold Menu button on your remote to choose input option.

Vichet likes this.
  3. body-mg

body-mgMembers

Feb 21, 2017
    Hi,

it seems that this thread is very usefull. But can anyone please explain which FW ist relevant for the MI TV Bar with the integrated Android?

I have done many experiment an know can not update anymore because of changing apps to System app and
    vice versa. I want a clean System so i want to reset via FW over USB-Stick.

4. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    #79minhnkt,Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Hi,
    MiTV 3 and 3S model also has soundbar outside, im using MiTV3 60" version, so i have some experiences:

1. Until version 1.3.4 for MiTV3, laggy youtube was fixed, laucher same with 1.2.11.
    1.3.11 has new laucher, of couse more stupid and more annoyed :(

2. My TV can up and downgrade via USB (the first fw in 1st page 1.2.11, you can take 1.3.4 and lastest 1.3.13 out your TV by small trick, after rooted your system). Of course even i rooted my system, delete junk chinese apps to find what app was safe for remove, blah blah blah.

Kaitozaki likes this.
  5. Vietales

VietalesMembers

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
  6. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
  7. Vietales

VietalesMembers

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    This archive is corrupted - can not unzip

8. icutyourface

Mar 1, 2017
    Male
    #83icutyourface,Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Hi all,

I'm hoping I could get some help from you on an odd issue I've been having with my new Xiaomi tv that I just got a few weeks ago.

The model of TV I have is a Xiaomi 55" TV 3S. No optional soundbar attached.

I play downloaded movies using my HTPC running windows 10, GTX 1060 graphic card, and surround speakers hooked up to the HTPC. Also in case it matters, the video player I use is MPC Black Edition.

The TV was imported from China by the reseller to my country. I asked them to change the android OS to English so it may have been rooted to achieve that. I'm really not sure. (note that there are still a TON of chinese text everywhere and for all the streaming services, but at least the basic TV input and color settings are in english).

The issue:
    Although everything seems to work fine 99% of the time, I only have 1 thing thats bugging the hell out of me. When a movie displays a pure black screen (like in a credits sequence for example) the backlight on the Xiaomi TV seems to turn off. The second anything appears on the screen, the backlight turns back on (even something as small as my mouse cursor). I have played with a ton of settings on my PC and the TV but can't seem to figure out how to prevent this from happening.

Normally it's not that big of a problem, but when a movie decides to cut to black it's very distracting....

Does anyone experience the same problem? And if so, how do I get this to stop?

9. minhnkt

minhnktMembers

Aug 21, 2016
    your TV was rooted or not? If it was rooted by Kingroot, black screen flicker and pink screen come up. You try to replace Kingroot by SuperSU and everything become normal.
    Im using MiTV3 60", not sure about 3S version.

10. icutyourface

Mar 1, 2017
    Male
    Hi,

Sorry I'm quite newbie when it comes to rooting xiaomi devices. Is there anyway to tell if they used Kingroot or SuperSU?

11. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    Turn off adapative backlight

12. Icemilo

IcemiloMembers

Mar 11, 2017
    Male
    Hi everyone, I shipped a MI TV 2 48' from China. Everything works fine and quite happy with it. But how do I change to English language? Mine version is a 1.2.28 and I can't seem to find much info on this ROM version. Can anyone advise?
    I'm not really looking to root it or anything complex (worried I will brick it) but just want to change to English language setting. Any easy way of doing it? All advice appreciated!
    Thanks.

13. Joe156

Joe156Members

Dec 22, 2016
    Male
    Hi,

where can I get original wall mounting system for my Xiaomi MI TV Bar to be sent to germany?

14. bmg002

bmg002Members

Jan 21, 2016
    Hello everyone. I just bricked my 2s 48" TV and then discovered that there is no recovery firmware for it (doh). Any chance you can find a copy of the 48" firmware?
    I bricked it by using a script I found online to change my iroot rooted TV to supersu with the intention of unrooting so I could update. This bricked system 2. System1 got bricked when I tried to update (while on system2 and while rooted). So now, I can boot to recovery, but no further.
    Any chance you can find a 48" firmware for unlucky me?

15. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    no one has uploaded one here,
    you are saying that system 1 will not boot into the OS at all yes?
    if that is the case you may want to try other firmware to see if it is possible to update since it is already like that.
    next time do a manual delete for root.

16. samydp

samydpMembers

Apr 12, 2016
    hello,
    I'm just about to translate the complete system into German. I wanted to ask if it is possible to install a custom recovery on the tv bar?

17. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    none that we know of, there are already custom roms for mibox, but none for mitv or mitv bar...

18. bmg002

bmg002Members

Jan 21, 2016
    I was at a point where neither system would boot at all. I am now unrooted with 1 working system, one failed.
    I found that another user installed the 55" ROM onto his 48" and it works. I did the same thing and it worked and got me back up and running. Mind you the latest OS has a lot of changes from the one I had on there before.
    I need to wipe my TV3 60" soon to try to speed up boot time. It starts up OK, but sometimes the TV will hang for 5-10 minutes after the ads and even when it doesn't it takes a good minute or 2 before my apps will load. I rooted to get google play on there, but don't really need it. I can get by with just sideloading stuff as needed.

19. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    but does your tv detect the screen as 55 or 48? after using another firmware...
    likewise i rooted my tv to get rid of the ads, you may want to try to use lucky patcher to freeze the apps( not sure if it works on unrooted devices)

anyway you may want to write a guide on how you get google play store installed as that seems to be most wanted on the list...

20. bmg002

bmg002Members

Jan 21, 2016
    Can do. I don't have anything good written up yet and not sure if my methods work with the newest version of the TV, but after playing a bit it wasn't horrible to get it working. Most things don't install mind you as it reports back that it is a TV but the TV version of the play store doesn't work.
    I'll start working on that.
    Oh, with lucky patcher, it needs root access to freeze apps :(. That is actually one of the tools I use to get google play to install!
    After using that firmware, I am honestly not sure what screen resolution it detects as... I should probably check that out.

21. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    there are apks that can detect screen resolution...i did a test on my mitv2 55" which is 4k but come out as 1080p, i'm sure it will only be on 4k if and only there is a 4k video, if not it will be native 1080p...

22. bmg002

bmg002Members

Jan 21, 2016
    Which tools did you use? I know I've used Kodi before to check stuff out and it reports things back incorrectly (1 GB of memory vs 2 GB that is actually there due to swap space for example). Plus Kodi seems to always report that my TV is 1080p yet with my receiver I can send a 4K signal to it no problem and it appears to render it at 4k.
    I wonder if the android stuff is set to a 1080p resolution but the HDMI accepts 4k? Might need to re-root the TV and play around with some of the root-only settings (setprop, build.prop, etc).

23. Kaitozaki

KaitozakiMembers

Oct 28, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    no don't...as i said it natively has 1080p set as most content is 1080p, only game console/media boxes will have 4k, maybe thats why it works when an hdmi is detected...i have viewed the build prop before...only mibox have the settings to set to 4k as they cannot auto detect the tv brand...unlike mitv its already build in so it knows when to use 4k...

i used antutu to view all the specs...yes my kodi also shows 1gb, as i remembered it might be because of the dual system boot...need a way to get rid of it...if you have flashfire apk installed you can see that it is partitioned...i will try to get a screenshot of it as i know many people don't know about this...

Share Our Site