1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mi Tv Clinic (all Version) - We'll Try To Fix Your Problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Kaitozaki, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Vichet

Vichet Members

Thanks @minhnkt. I managed to remove Kingroot and install SuperSU. Playstore also works well. BTW, with HALauncher, there is no Analog TV app shown in the "all apps" list. How do you add "Analog TV" to the list?

2. minhnkt

minhnkt Members

You can hold Menu button on your remote to choose input option.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Vichet likes this.
  3. body-mg

body-mg Members

Hi,

it seems that this thread is very usefull. But can anyone please explain which FW ist relevant for the MI TV Bar with the integrated Android?

I have done many experiment an know can not update anymore because of changing apps to System app and
    vice versa. I want a clean System so i want to reset via FW over USB-Stick.

4. minhnkt

minhnkt Members

Hi,
    MiTV 3 and 3S model also has soundbar outside, im using MiTV3 60" version, so i have some experiences:

1. Until version 1.3.4 for MiTV3, laggy youtube was fixed, laucher same with 1.2.11.
    1.3.11 has new laucher, of couse more stupid and more annoyed :(

2. My TV can up and downgrade via USB (the first fw in 1st page 1.2.11, you can take 1.3.4 and lastest 1.3.13 out your TV by small trick, after rooted your system). Of course even i rooted my system, delete junk chinese apps to find what app was safe for remove, blah blah blah.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    Kaitozaki likes this.
  5. Vietales

Vietales Members

6. Kaitozaki

Kaitozaki Members

7. Vietales

Vietales Members

This archive is corrupted - can not unzip

8. icutyourface

icutyourface Members

Hi all,

I'm hoping I could get some help from you on an odd issue I've been having with my new Xiaomi tv that I just got a few weeks ago.

The model of TV I have is a Xiaomi 55" TV 3S. No optional soundbar attached.

I play downloaded movies using my HTPC running windows 10, GTX 1060 graphic card, and surround speakers hooked up to the HTPC. Also in case it matters, the video player I use is MPC Black Edition.

The TV was imported from China by the reseller to my country. I asked them to change the android OS to English so it may have been rooted to achieve that. I'm really not sure. (note that there are still a TON of chinese text everywhere and for all the streaming services, but at least the basic TV input and color settings are in english).

The issue:
    Although everything seems to work fine 99% of the time, I only have 1 thing thats bugging the hell out of me. When a movie displays a pure black screen (like in a credits sequence for example) the backlight on the Xiaomi TV seems to turn off. The second anything appears on the screen, the backlight turns back on (even something as small as my mouse cursor). I have played with a ton of settings on my PC and the TV but can't seem to figure out how to prevent this from happening.

Normally it's not that big of a problem, but when a movie decides to cut to black it's very distracting....

Does anyone experience the same problem? And if so, how do I get this to stop?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  9. minhnkt

minhnkt Members

your TV was rooted or not? If it was rooted by Kingroot, black screen flicker and pink screen come up. You try to replace Kingroot by SuperSU and everything become normal.
    Im using MiTV3 60", not sure about 3S version.

10. icutyourface

icutyourface Members

Hi,

Sorry I'm quite newbie when it comes to rooting xiaomi devices. Is there anyway to tell if they used Kingroot or SuperSU?

11. Kaitozaki

Kaitozaki Members

Turn off adapative backlight

12. Icemilo

Icemilo Members

Hi everyone, I shipped a MI TV 2 48' from China. Everything works fine and quite happy with it. But how do I change to English language? Mine version is a 1.2.28 and I can't seem to find much info on this ROM version. Can anyone advise?
    I'm not really looking to root it or anything complex (worried I will brick it) but just want to change to English language setting. Any easy way of doing it? All advice appreciated!
    Thanks.

Share Our Site