mi10 lite 5g boot loop

tuska

Members
Apr 15, 2023
I have a xiaomi mi10 lite that yesterday started in a bootloop, I thought it was my charger because I put it on charge a little before going to bed so I don't run out of battery, I did a facotry reset and then I tried another charger without fast charge and it stopped with the bootloop, today when I woke up and took it off the charger it did a bootloop 3 times and it was working normally, I believe it is the battery that is not providing enough energy but it ends up not making 100% sense since it is working normally without the charger at the moment, recently I also started to see a notification that the battery was being drained in the last 30 minutes,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
in this video
it says that it could be a software or hardware problem and that it could also be the power button, a few months ago my power button must have broken and came off, there is a possibility that it is malware but I have not installed anything, I am completely lost, right now I don't have money for another smartphone and nowadays nobody can be without one for multiple reasons.

if anyone has the solution please let me know

sorry if there are many mistakes but i wrote this with google translator because english is not my native language

Did you find the solution to your problem?
Recently i have been facing similar problems with my phone. Firstly, the battery is draining at a rapid rate, approximately 2% per minute, even when I'm not using the device. Additionally, the phone randomly restarts without any apparent reason on multiple occasions.
Another significant issue is that when I connect the phone to the charger, it constantly shuts down. Even when the device is plugged in, it fails to stay powered on for long and enters a continuous reboot loop, rendering it unusable.
These problems started suddenly after a single instance of charging my phone. Since then, these symptoms persist regardless of any actions I have attempted. I have already tried performing a factory reset, but unfortunately, it did not resolve the issues.
Recently, I took the phone to a repair shop for diagnosis, and I was informed that the problem is related to the phone's motherboard.

Hi! I also start facing the same problems that you described in June 2023. First of all I saw multiple times that my battery is draining like 70% out of 100 for less than 2 hours. Then after 1-2 weeks it starts rebooting sometimes like 3 times in a row and continue working normally. Currently it's rebooting all the time till I don't connect it by usb to computer. I can escape from the boot loop with connecting phone to usb, but it's a workaround. On some actions, for example opening telegram it may start rebooting again infinitely.
I did hard factory reset - it didn't help. In my case I didn't hit my phone anywhere. The only thing is that I charged it on the same extension cord with 2 laptops and 1 4k monitor, maybe it caused some over-voltage and cause the problem itself? Did you also use different power adapters or extension cord with multiple devices connected to it?

Registered to say, replace your battery. Mine had the same symptoms suddenly after 2 years of use - quick battery drain, sudden reboots and boot loops, etc. It seemed to happen more often if the device was hotter (when charging etc) so I figured I'd replace the battery. Haven't had any issues for a week now. Good luck.

Same symptoms here- i just plugged in to charge it and started infinite restart loops. Did factory reset and did not solve the issue. Phone was purchased November 2020 without any issues so far. I will replace battery as suggested and will come back for update!!

As I mentioned earlier, my cellphone started showing those issues in late June, and later, a few weeks after, another cellphone belonging to a family member, which had the same model as mine (Mi 10 Lite 5G), purchased just one month before mine, also presented the same problem.
I'm beginning to suspect a manufacturing defect since all the phones manufactured in late 2020 (like the two I mentioned) are experiencing the same issue. What intrigues me is why this defect is only manifesting now when the warranty has already expired! Could this be some form of planned obsolescence?
If anyone has any solution or repair that has worked, please let me know!

Same symptoms here- i just plugged in to charge it and started infinite restart loops. Did factory reset and did not solve the issue. Phone was purchased November 2020 without any issues so far. I will replace battery as suggested and will come back for update!!
Update 02/08/2023: Issue was solved with a new battery replacement as expected.Phone is like brand new!!