[MI10] Xiaomi.eu V12.5 discussion & support (V12.5.8.0)

krzylew

Members
Nov 16, 2020
Hello everyone, the wait is finally over for us (Mi 10 users). V12.5.3.0.RJBCNXM is here.

I believe that the general download thread is a mess and shouldn't be used to discuss every particular device. It doesn't make sense at all and I don't know why the moderators allow it.

Please feel free to use this thread for everything related to this and future updates for umi 12.5.

I'm downloading it right now (still over 3h left due to poor download speed...). I will give my feedback once flashed. If you have yours already, please share it for the benefit of all of us.

Cheers!
Chris

TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-3-5-1-unofficial-twrp-xiaomi-mi-10-umi.4241705/
Ultimate Guide for Mi 10 - HOWTO for unlocking bootloader/flashing/Magisk etc:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...d-for-mi-10-umi-use-lp-plus-extra-tips.59306/

Last edited:
Just flashed and it breaks safety net, so be careful

Nope, never used that before, the prior ones 'just worked'
If you are rooted then fell free to use it, it will fix your problem. If you are not rooted then you have to either wait till Xiaomi gets its Play certification right in next update OR root the device and apply Props.
You will find how to do it here:

Reactions: jaju123
If you are rooted then fell free to use it, it will fix your problem. If you are not rooted then you have to either wait till Xiaomi gets its Play certification right in next update OR root the device and apply Props.
You will find how to do it here:

Thanks, at the moment I am not rooted and am happy to use my watch for payments. My banking apps currently seem to still be working too, which is good. I guess I'll wait it out!

As usual, both serves are overloaded...

Послато са Mi 10 помоћу Тапатока

Last edited:
Are you going to do a dirty installation or better formatting data before? I'm on miui 12.2.10.

Thanks in advance!

I was testing the rom but I don't know if it's me or is the sound a bit saturated with the bass?

About the need for magsik to get gpay working and onky that fixes it or need to wait for certificate from xiaomi:
Nope, thats not true. Last version 12.2.10 first upload was not working with safetynet. Second upload did.
Why it worked afterwards? Bc the awesome devs herr in this forum put a different, certified fingerprint from mi10 in the updated rom so the safetynet passes. So all i do is just wait now foe the devs to do the same on the 12.5 rom.
Just chill and wait for the updated rom. 3.april is the current upload date. If this changes to new upload you can go ahead and try it. Jt might have fixed the issue.
Sure magisk works as its android 11 based and dont care about a vendor slaped on ui

Dirty flashed over 12.2.10.
Everything works fine.
Happy to have flashed as easy as it was supposed to be.
Don't use Magisk, so can't talk about that.
I too, note some oversaturated low frequencies.
Great job, devs!

About the need for magsik to get gpay working and onky that fixes it or need to wait for certificate from xiaomi:
Nope, thats not true. Last version 12.2.10 first upload was not working with safetynet. Second upload did.
Why it worked afterwards? Bc the awesome devs herr in this forum put a different, certified fingerprint from mi10 in the updated rom so the safetynet passes. So all i do is just wait now foe the devs to do the same on the 12.5 rom.
Just chill and wait for the updated rom. 3.april is the current upload date. If this changes to new upload you can go ahead and try it. Jt might have fixed the issue.
Sure magisk works as its android 11 based and dont care about a vendor slaped on ui
thanks for clearing that out.
I actually noticed it myself, usually after flashing new ROM I had to repeat the whole MagiskHide Props and GPay fix process but this time everything worked out of the box!

EDIT: Actually GPay didn't work at first, I had to clear Play Store and Play services data and reapply GPay fix script.
Other banking apps work just fine with MagiskHide.

Last edited:
Reactions: flatout23
I've checked what's new on this miui 12.5 rom and it's similar to the latest miui roms.

I've checked due to I clean flashed miui 12.2.10 a week ago and thought it'd would be a bit "hard" clean flashing again (it takes a couple of hours restoring everything, ect.), but as both roms are similar and what you say, I think it'd be fine dirty flashing this new rom.

Thanks for your opinions. I'll try miui 12.5 as soon as possible and I'll give feedback :)

I'm waiting for long time this 12.5 stable. Not happy with previous version's battery life and incompatibility with ps4 controller I had rollback to miui 11 and android 10.
Before flashing I'd like more comments and feedbacks about battery drain and also the audio distortion with speaker volume over 60/70%.
Thanks

Everything works fine.
Great job, devs!

Dear friend,

Could you please check if below things are working in MIUI 12.5? Because reported problems of them I've never updated to MIUI12:
- Double SIM support?
- Dual apps (whatsapp etc)
- Call recording

Thanks in advance.

Dear friend,

Could you please check if below things are working in MIUI 12.5? Because reported problems of them I've never updated to MIUI12:
- Double SIM support?
- Dual apps (whatsapp etc)
- Call recording

Thanks in advance.

Have a look at attached screenshots.
- dual SIM working (take a look at the top of every picture.
- dual apps working for a while (even on previous builds
- call recording working

Please note that my device is Mi10 - UMI.
2a09d09614c5837aa57f1ddc91b4f6cc.jpg
5c05a61b2dcc54b8ff9b964a4adf09dc.jpg
1568c33b61cada21ae8298a342e88500.jpg

Reactions: flatout23
Everything works fine.
Great job, devs!

Hi,
Is the audio barely acceptable or only with saturated low channels?(expecially at high volume) What do you think?
Can you provide also a feedback about battery life? Thank you!

Hi,
Is the audio barely acceptable or only with saturated low channels?(expecially at high volume) What do you think?
Can you provide also a feedback about battery life? Thank you!
It's too early to judge the battery life given the fact that I only flashed the rom this morning.
:)
About the sound - only the low frequencies are slightly oversaturated, bit it's nothing like unbearable. You get used to it after a while. (I always use max volume for youtube)
;)

I'm waiting for long time this 12.5 stable. Not happy with previous version's battery life and incompatibility with ps4 controller I had rollback to miui 11 and android 10.
Before flashing I'd like more comments and feedbacks about battery drain and also the audio distortion with speaker volume over 60/70%.
Thanks
the audio is saturated especially in the bass in volume 6 or 7 depending on the type of video

Been using MIUI 12.5 on my Mi 10 for a day now and I'm gonna say that this was a great update. So far for my daily use there is no apparent issues, safetynet clear and Google play certified. App launching is smoother for me and I'm loving the new haptics.

Been using MIUI 12.5 on my Mi 10 for a day now and I'm gonna say that this was a great update. So far for my daily use there is no apparent issues, safetynet clear and Google play certified. App launching is smoother for me and I'm loving the new haptics.
Dirty flashing?