Mi10T Lite 5G - Bricked

Status
Not open for further replies.

casabel

Members
Oct 3, 2018
I have also posted in xda but no answer.

So I have a "mi10T Lite 5g" with miui global stable rom installed version 12.0.6 (A10)
I did all the steps (unlocked BL etc) and managed to get orangefox as the default recovery.
One think i noticed is that orange fox recovery MTP (with windows) worked only when the global rom was installed. When I wiped the storage and format the phone , the MTP with windows was broken and I could transfer/flash files only via OTG.
I tried to install the beta eu named "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro5G_MI10TLite_21.7.21_v12-11.zip" via OTG

...and the result was an error from orange fox that either it was not the correct fw version or i did not mount the system partition or some other options...

I wiped,format data and reboot in order to try again an the phone bricked. It would not respond to power button and would not even turn on. Send it to service.

The phone was purchased 2 weeks ago :/

any idea what went wrong? any instructions on how to flash the beta.eu?

I have also posted in xda but no answer.

So I have a "mi10T Lite 5g" with miui global stable rom installed version 12.0.6 (A10)
I did all the steps (unlocked BL etc) and managed to get orangefox as the default recovery.
One think i noticed is that orange fox recovery MTP (with windows) worked only when the global rom was installed. When I wiped the storage and format the phone , the MTP with windows was broken and I could transfer/flash files only via OTG.
I tried to install the beta eu named "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote9Pro5G_MI10TLite_21.7.21_v12-11.zip" via OTG

...and the result was an error from orange fox that either it was not the correct fw version or i did not mount the system partition or some other options...

I wiped,format data and reboot in order to try again an the phone bricked. It would not respond to power button and would not even turn on. Send it to service.

The phone was purchased 2 weeks ago :/

any idea what went wrong? any instructions on how to flash the beta.eu?
Try Power and Vol - button to get into download mode
i hope you didnt wipe vendor partition

i wiped all options , the phone did not respond to power button press and no combination would turn it on...no fasrboot nor download mode

i wiped all options , the phone did not respond to power button press and no combination would turn it on...no fasrboot nor download mode
I am afraid that your only option may be EDL mode and for that, it needs to be returned to an authorized Xiaomi repair centre. The back needs to be rmoved and the test points jumped. I would connect your phone via usb cable to your PC, to check and see if it already is in EDL mode. If it is in EDL mode already, your device will show up as Qualcomm HS-USB QLoader 9008 under your ports connections in Device Manager. If it is not entering fastboot or recovery by holding the vol up/down along with power button, this may not work either, but you can try entering EDL holding the power button along with vol up and down simultaneously and then connecting usb cable to your PC while holding that combo of buttons down. If it does work, and your bootloader is unlocked, flash an original stock rom via MiFlash. If your phone is a Chinese device, only flash the Chinese rom that originally came with the phone. If you can get it to boot into fastboot using the volume down and power buttons, then get an older Xiaomi.eu fastboot rom for your device as the script will reformat your storage, but this will only work if you can access fastboot and your bootloader is unlocked. To verify if the bootloader is still unlocked, reattach the MiUnlock tool, preferably the one you used in the first place and re run it. It will then come back and notify if the bootloader is locked or is already unlocked. There are all sorts of articles with HOW TO information all over the internet and as a last resort contact Xiaomi or a Xiaomi service centre near you if your phone is still under warranty. Unlocking the bootloader isnot a violation of warranty on Xiaomi phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.