Resolved Mi11 ultra with MIUI 13 stable : wireless android auto can't connect

Hi,

I'm using a mi 11 ultra with miui 13.0.9.
I can't connect my phone to my car using AA wireless. It works fine with the wired version.
The wireless option was working on miui 12.5.

The same behavior is described on this topic:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/22-1-5-6.64500/post-644900

Is there a way to fix this issue?
But your car supports Android Auto Wireless? There arent many cars on the market yet that support it from factory.

I have the same problem. Wireless AA doesn't work. Worked fine on original firmware.

I think the issue has something to do with the 5ghz WiFi band. I can't see the car's 5ghz wifi, if I switch it to 2.4ghz in the car I can see it on the phone.

Once again. This worked on the original Mi 11 Ultra firmware. (Sweden)

I have problems with MIUI 13 and Wireless Android Auto (via AA Wireless USB Adapter) on the Mix 4 too. Under 12.5 everything still ran without problems. I also know 4 people from another forum who have the same problem with the Mi 11 / Ultra.

We have a wireless connection (the AA Wireless Box is recognized and connects) but the connection disconnects constantly. The cause is cell changes. MIUI disconnects the WLAN with every LTE/GSM cell change and this interrupts the connection to Wireless Android Auto. The problem has existed since the first MIUI 13 version and is still present in the current weekly/stable.

I have problems with MIUI 13 and Wireless Android Auto (via AA Wireless USB Adapter) on the Mix 4 too. Under 12.5 everything still ran without problems. I also know 4 people from another forum who have the same problem with the Mi 11 / Ultra.

We have a wireless connection (the AA Wireless Box is recognized and connects) but the connection disconnects constantly. The cause is cell changes. MIUI disconnects the WLAN with every LTE/GSM cell change and this interrupts the connection to Wireless Android Auto. The problem has existed since the first MIUI 13 version and is still present in the current weekly/stable.
I can confirm this bug on my stock Mi10 with miui13 and so isn't a Xiaomi EU problem but a MIUI base problem. I think isn't exactly the cell Change but when miss temporary connection on a "no network area" then when connection come back android Auto immediately stuck (we talk on wireless connection only) I test this on my car using Carsifi dongle and on my friend car with native android auto wireless and get same problems so can confirm isn't a dongle problem, then I get my brother Realme phone and try on my car and have no problems using my procedure to reproduce the bug.
Now how to reproduce the bug:
1 connect wirelessly to andorid auto
2 use any app (I'm using maps and move around the map using finger)
3 disable network connection toggle from phone status bar (will Keep work without an internet connection)
4 enable again network connection toggle and android auto wireless will immediately stuck.

Using this step I can confirm other phone have no problems. I sent a feedback to xioami and hope other of you can send feedback too. Please let's me say if you find a fix

Reactions: Priuxls and n_a_p
I can confirm this bug on my stock Mi10 with miui13 and so isn't a Xiaomi EU problem but a MIUI base problem. I think isn't exactly the cell Change but when miss temporary connection on a "no network area" then when connection come back android Auto immediately stuck (we talk on wireless connection only) I test this on my car using Carsifi dongle and on my friend car with native android auto wireless and get same problems so can confirm isn't a dongle problem, then I get my brother Realme phone and try on my car and have no problems using my procedure to reproduce the bug.
Now how to reproduce the bug:
1 connect wirelessly to andorid auto
2 use any app (I'm using maps and move around the map using finger)
3 disable network connection toggle from phone status bar (will Keep work without an internet connection)
4 enable again network connection toggle and android auto wireless will immediately stuck.

Using this step I can confirm other phone have no problems. I sent a feedback to xioami and hope other of you can send feedback too. Please let's me say if you find a fix
I got the same exact problem with my Mi 10 Pro, when reconnecting to cellular network AA gets stuck immediately.

I believe the problem is the same. When taking a road where the cellular network change is constant, the number of disconnections is enormous.

Same problem here since the upgrade to MIUI 13 on the global Rom on the X3 ... any solutions/replies/official news yet?

No, unfortunately still no updates.
So many have already reported to Xiaomi, but so far nothing has happened in any weekly.

Unfortunately, Xiaomi.eu cannot do anything here because the problem comes from the Xiaomi firmware.

I hope so, but I don't know if it will ever be fixed...