[MI2/s][non-Android ROM] Porting SailfishOS to MI2?

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by cbpbxecmecmbeh, Mar 28, 2014.

1. cbpbxecmecmbeh

Sep 19, 2013
    Hi devs :),

perhaps you've heard/read already that SailfishOS 1.0.4.20, aka Sailfish 1.0 has been released for the Nexus 4 and instructions on installing it on the device, along with download files can be found here:
    http://www.jollausers.com/2014/03/sailfish-os-early-adopters-have-got-their-email-to-go-crazy/
    So, I was wondering, how difficult it would be to try to install the image from the link above on our device? Is it even possible? I understand that Nexus 4 and Mi2 are similar in a way, but also different. Are they different enough so that we have to wait for another release, officially for the MI2 (since it was shown on the MWC'14), or we can already try it out with the images for mako?
    I apologize if the question sounds stupid :p

Greetings

Yarin and XX37 like this.
  2. cbpbxecmecmbeh

Sep 19, 2013
    Hi again!
    Soon Jolla will release its Jolla Launcher for android devices, furthermore the word is that the latest mako release of the Sailfish OS will be a daily driver for the Nexus with a lot of fixes :).
    Will the developers (@M1cha && @linuxxx) be willing to create an alpha test for aries??? :)

Greetz!

Yarin likes this.
  3. kekkojoker90

Jan 9, 2013
    Male
    @M1cha with EA3 on the enxus 4 is quite good for trying a port :D

cbpbxecmecmbeh likes this.
  4. we don't have cm10.1 sources ...

MSephiroth and cbpbxecmecmbeh like this.
  5. cbpbxecmecmbeh

Sep 19, 2013
    What a pity... :(

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk

6. siropchik

siropchikMembers

Nov 14, 2013
    Male
    hm. I think we have sources. because we have 3 and more customs roms: color os, smartisan, cm10.1, aokp. All based 4.2.2

Share Our Site