Mi3 - Android 6 + Windows 7 Driver Issue

tybreizh29

Members
Jul 25, 2016
Hi
I had my Mi3 with Android 4.4.4 and Miui 6, now I'm with Android 6.0.1 and Miui 8 (ROM MULTI 6.7.14/15).
Before the update, I had no issue connection my Mi3 to Internet through my PC using my USB port.
After the update the situation is a bit different, I have some issues
  • When connecting as MTP or else, whatever I tried, at last Windows 7 x64 says:
1.png

• When i try to connect with the RNDIS mode, nothing happends, and the USB selection returns to "Charging".
What am I missing ?
thanks
for your help
marc

WIN 7 will install the needed drivers for USB and MTP automatically once thePhone is dedected. Do you hear the system sound if you plug in the phone?

sure I ear it.
the phone is a least partially detected because the ADB driver is up and OK.
for the USB and MTP driver, nothing works (windows update find nothing and the install I made also) :(

with adb.exe command i have this line
2.png

unauthorized is not a good device name I guess...

Last edited:
I already have dowloaded that driver at that place.
It made the ADB device working.
But not MTP :eek:

Try to uninstall all unknown( not wanted) USB drivers and reboot WIN7 to start all over again.
WIN7 is known for driver complications.

Something went weird flashing MIUI8
Did you merge the 2 boot partitions to fit MM ?
If not i would recommend to start with clean flash of xiaomi fastboot 6.3.17 rom via miflash. It will make correct partitions.
Then install TWRP and install xiaomi.eu.
Backup your important data in TWRP to USB otg device first.

I did delete the device from dev manager, does the same result after reconnection.

The update of my mi3 has been done using a chineese rom flashed, it has created the correct partitions, then I flashed the xiaomi eu rom. everything has been erased during the process.
I've got TWRP as recovery system, i don't have any more the dual boot.