Mi3 to PC via USB connection problem

javed639

Members
Aug 20, 2014
Hello!

Got a new Xiaomi MI3 a few days ago. Works great but am having problems with PC connection. I want to transfer music and photos from my laptop to the phone but when I use the cable to connect, the PC searches and tries to install the MI 3W adaptor but is unable to find or connect. I can see a camera icon (instead of a phone icon) in my hard drive and and only able to transfer photos but no music.

Any idea what I can do to rectify this? Or is there any other way to transfer music without using cables?

Any help from anyone out there will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

I also have the same problem. I would like to transfer some images taken from my phone via usb drive but was not able to do so because the software of MI3 is in Chinese. Do you have any that is in English instead so that I can setup and access my phone via usb.

Hi,

2 choices here :
1st look for Airdroid App in the Playstore / Xiaomi Store . Via WiFi connecting phone & PC
or
2nd : switch on USB Debugging via Developer options in Phone Settings

Use superbeam app on both the phone and the pc. I don't know if the free app works, but the paid one surely does. Another option is shareit.

When connecting the phone to pc via USB, the phone in notifications has a slider option you can choose: photo mode/ file mode. By default it's in the photo mode, you can access only the photos. If you switch the slider to file mode, you gain access to all the files. Hope it helps.

Hello I have the same problem and i heard Iris's reply but i cant find the setting. Where is it.

Go settings,
Look for additional setting,
Click the developer option,
Turn on the usb debugging.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Actually I found the answer. Slide down your notification bar when you are connected to your computer. Then at the very top you will see two buttons. One says media and the other says files. Click on the files button and your computer will see all files on your phone.

Or plastered install app MIUI USB will do the job.
I use notification slide.