Mi4 Can't Take Picture With Refocus Funtion!

kelvin223

Members
Jun 18, 2016
Hi guys, firstly I'm sorry for my bad english. My Mi4 after update from Android 4.4.4 to 6.0.1 Camera Re-focus function doesn't work anymore. At 4.4 after took a picture with Refocus then I can refocus the image, but at 6.0.1 after took a picture I can't do anything, it's just like a normal image. Any suggest for me pls, thank you so much!

Gallery > choose picture > edit > cut (second option) > refocus (down "finish")..
Mine works..

At "cut" option you mean "crop" right?. After open it I still can not find where is refocus option. Maybe I should wipe data & change from developer rom to Stable rom. Thank you a lot bro!

3ce09a618cc850bd2585f2105bce5fdc.jpg

c2aabde9d1d3e0611b19e0bd6fee7919.jpg

Sorry, but what are you talking about? That option you highlighted, that looks like a circular arrow has nothing to do with refocus. Its function is to rotate the picture 90 degrees. By the way im running miui8 on android 6 and the gallery doesn't have the option to refocus either.

The culprit here is definitely the MIUI8. I have had the same problem recently, and read somewhere that people have had this problem mainly with MIUI8, so I tried various versions and found out that older MIUI7 versions with Android 4.4 wrk fine. Then I tried several MIUI8 versions, including 8.1.3, 8.1.6, 8.6.0 - all had the same problem - The refocus tion was in the camera, it just didn't work when in gallery. So I installed the MIUI7 version 6.3.17, which is already based on Androin 6.0.1 and voila, it works again. It looks almost exactly as the MIUI 8 versions and works fine. It seems that the MIUI8 version has some bug when it comes to the refocus and 120 fps recording functions.

P.S.: since then I got a message that it is supposed to have worked with the MIUI8.0.2 too, so I'll have to test that yet, but for me the safest bet so far is MIUI7 Global version 6.3.17. Try installing this through fastboot with wiping the data and let me know.