Mi4 Lte Android 4.4.4 From Miui Global 7.1 Stable 7.1.99.99 (kxdmick) To Android 6/7 Miui 7.2.2 Beta

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Hello friends,
I did some flashing and unlocking before, but just want to know for sure and want to know the easiest way to upgrade a Mi4.

It's unlocked. As far as i know all Mi4's are unlocked.

I want to install TWRP and the latest MIUI EU beta rom. First i have to make the upgrade with 5.12.17 rom and 6.1.21 as i remembered well.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Otherwise i will flash the rom first. Then install TWRP with fastboot. Then install rom 5.12.17. Then install rom 6.1.21. Then install latest rom. And after all there will be an upgrade again to Android 7.

Thanks...

Hello friends,
I did some flashing and unlocking before, but just want to know for sure and want to know the easiest way to upgrade a Mi4.

It's unlocked. As far as i know all Mi4's are unlocked.

I want to install TWRP and the latest MIUI EU beta rom. First i have to make the upgrade with 5.12.17 rom and 6.1.21 as i remembered well.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Otherwise i will flash the rom first. Then install TWRP with fastboot. Then install rom 5.12.17. Then install rom 6.1.21. Then install latest rom. And after all there will be an upgrade again to Android 7.

Thanks...
First of all you have a fake vendor rom so first flash latest china dev fasboot rom for example from en.miui.com.
It will partition your device correctly from old rom.
There you can find flashing guide how to do that.
After that flash twrp and then download eu rom from this site.
Go to twrp and make a factory reset.
Place the downloaded rom file to your phone and select Install from twrp and browse for the file and install it.
After that just reboot your phone and you are done.

First of all you have a fake vendor rom so first flash latest china dev fasboot rom for example from en.miui.com.
It will partition your device correctly from old rom.
There you can find flashing guide how to do that.
After that flash twrp and then download eu rom from this site.
Go to twrp and make a factory reset.
Place the downloaded rom file to your phone and select Install from twrp and browse for the file and install it.
After that just reboot your phone and you are done.
Thank you for your respons. So, i just have to do like always. I know these steps. But aren't you forgetting the step for upgrading to Android 6? Isn't installing rom 5.12.27 nessesary?

Thank you for your respons. So, i just have to do like always. I know these steps. But aren't you forgetting the step for upgrading to Android 6? Isn't installing rom 5.12.27 nessesary?
If you first flash the official fastboot rom by Xiaomi, it will do the trick. And I mean the latest version. Then twrp, then factory reset, then xiaomi.eu rom, reboot, enjoy!

Here is the site for the official fastboot rom:
http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

Reactions: Alexiaomi
Hello,

Installing with update app en recovery does not work.
So i have to use the mi flash tool.
But i get a error: can not found file flash_all_except_storage.bat

The rom is miui_MI3WMI4WGlobal_7.1.19_c2c8e67bc9_6.0

What should i do?

never works in one time when i am trying to flash.....

Flashed the rom, mi flash tool says "flashing succeeded" but still the old rom on the phone. Did not flash the rom.

If you first flash the official fastboot rom by Xiaomi, it will do the trick. And I mean the latest version. Then twrp, then factory reset, then xiaomi.eu rom, reboot, enjoy!

Here is the site for the official fastboot rom:
http://en.miui.com/a-232.html
Hello,
I flashed the latest fastboot China dev rom (cancro_global_images_7.1.19_20170119.0000.00_6.0_global) several times. MiFlash Tool says "flashing done" with green bar and "succes", but the rom is not on the Mi4. Still this other rom. So it seems flashing is not succeeded at all. How is that possible? Can you help me to get rid of this rom?

Hello,
I flashed the latest fastboot China dev rom (cancro_global_images_7.1.19_20170119.0000.00_6.0_global) several times. MiFlash Tool says "flashing done" with green bar and "succes", but the rom is not on the Mi4. Still this other rom. So it seems flashing is not succeeded at all. How is that possible? Can you help me to get rid of this rom?
So you checked the About phone and it is the same as you had previously?
And that is not the china dev, it's global image.
Also check that you had from MiFlash from bottom right clean all.
Bare in mind that it wipes everything in your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexiaomi
No problem that it wipes everything.
You're right. How could i download the wrong rom! I have downloaded the latest china dev rom now and will try again. I will let you know.

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, i checked "about phone" and it's still the same rom.
I just flashed cancro_images_7.1.20_20170120.0000.00_6.0_cn, but it's again not on the phone. Flashing was succeeded in the tool and after reboot still the vendor rom. I don't understand. Something i am missing here?

Yes, i checked "about phone" and it's still the same rom.
I just flashed cancro_images_7.1.20_20170120.0000.00_6.0_cn, but it's again not on the phone. Flashing was succeeded in the tool and after reboot still the vendor rom. I don't understand. Something i am missing here?
And you checked clean all from MiFlash?

Alright, i will read about that on the internet. Never done that, but i think i will manage.

I will let you know again....

Thanks
I flashed the rom with PC Suite. Now the Mi4 is on Android 6 / MIUI 8
Now trying to install TWRP with fastboot and then the latest dev eu rom.
Let you know...

installed twrp, but forget the last cmd (fastboot reboot twrp.img)
Now mi4 won't start recovery and installing again not possible with fastboot (cannot load twrp.img)
any suggestions?

Code:
fastboot oem device-info

Check if bootloader got locked from some reason.

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-cancro.img
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-cancro.img

If yes, try to unlock, install and boot TWRP again.

Code:
fastboot oem device-info

Check if bootloader got locked from some reason.

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-cancro.img
fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-cancro.img

If yes, try to unlock, install and boot TWRP again.
Yes, it's unlocked
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img / fastboot flash recovery-3.0.2-0-img both not working

still "cannot load twrp.img" etc.

Is there another way to get twrp or mi recovery back?

Does anybody know the reason why the device cannot load twrp.img?
How can i install recovery?

I succeeded guys.
Just downloaded another TWRP for Mi4, named recovery.img and that worked.
I don't understand why TWRP.IMG did not work, because i always install TWRP from MIUI.eu site.
Maybe because of the rom?
Still like to know, just for learning and helping others.

Anyway, those who took time to help me: thanks friends !!!

Reactions: dogiex
I succeeded guys.
Just downloaded another TWRP for Mi4, named recovery.img and that worked.
I don't understand why TWRP.IMG did not work, because i always install TWRP from MIUI.eu site.
Maybe because of the rom?
Still like to know, just for learning and helping others.

Anyway, those who took time to help me: thanks friends !!!
Good to know that you solved it!