Mi4c Android 5.1 To Android 7.0

Dogerty

Members
Sep 28, 2016
I have weekly 6.9.29 (Android 5.1)
How to upgrade to the latest version 7.1.19/20 (Android 7.0).
Why a guide if there is no firmware to version Mi4c with (Android 6.0):
How to update to Android 7.0 from Android 6.0:
- Install LATEST Android 6.0 release for MI5 6.11.10
- Install TWRP 3.0.2.3 or ZCX
- Reboot to new TWRP
- Install Android 7.0 release
- Reboot - Never wipe /system partition manually!
- Done
- In case of any issues, make factory reset via system settings
- For ROOT on Android 7.0 install SuperSU 2.79
- For update from 7.0 to 7.0 reboot into TWRP (Updater app doesn't work yet)

For Mi4C I do not find version firmware with Android 6.0.
I see firmware Android 5.1 and then immediately Android 7.0

dude, there is no Android 6.0 rom for mi4c based on MIUI...

in few Weeks we get android 7

Reactions: brits
we are waiting for android n in mi4c and there is no android m because xiaomi never release it

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Tomorrow there will be another weekly realese for our mi 4c (finally based on nougat)? Or release will be "stand by " waiting for more beta testing? I haven't found anything on miui forum. :(

Tomorrow there will be another weekly realese for our mi 4c (finally based on nougat)? Or release will be "stand by " waiting for more beta testing? I haven't found anything on miui forum. :(
no one knows, dude :(

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/7-2-9.38201/

RELESED Android 7.0 for MI4C, Mi4S, MIMAX, MIMAX PRO, MINote PRO
Your BOOTLOADER will be relocked after upgrade to Android 7.0 so unlock it by en.miui.com/unlock after ROM installation again!!!

How to upgrade to Andoid 7.0:
Install MIUI 6.12.22 before updating to Android 7.0..
Select zip in Updater - menu - select zip
In case of issues, wipe /data in TWRP
Unlock your bootloader again

Hi mates,
I install only stable ROM, the last is 8.1.3. I have read the new weekly is Android 7 based. Is the procedure of setup the same as the those Android 5 based ? My bootloader is unlocked, I'm worried due to this sentence "Your bootloader will be relocked after upgrade to Android 7.0". So I think after setup of first stable Android 7 ROM my bootlader will be locked, and at the next upgrade I run the risk of bootloop, it is true? Thanks !

the officiel xiaomi ROM will lock your bootloader, be patience and wait for xiaomi.eu ROM.

Thanks LaPp0r, do you want to tell me new Android 7.0 stable ROMs xiaomi.eu_multi don't lock the bootloader ? Great !

If I will install the new xiaomi.eu's developer nougat ROM, will my TWRP remain on the phone?
Or the bootloader will wipe that ? (sorry I'm a bit confused)
Or else: Can I install another (stable) ROM on the device in the future without any problem or I need to go to official site to unlock bootloader, install again TWRP ...etc.?
Thanks.

If I will install the new xiaomi.eu's developer nougat ROM, will my TWRP remain on the phone?
Or the bootloader will wipe that ? (sorry I'm a bit confused)
Or else: Can I install another (stable) ROM on the device in the future without any problem or I need to go to official site to unlock bootloader, install again TWRP ...etc.?
Thanks.
You have to unlock bootloader (via http://en.miui.com/unlock/) and flash last twrp supporting nougat. For now i am waiting to be able to unlock bootloader, i had my code enabling action but for now my device is stuck at 50%. I am reading about this operation need to wait some days to be enabled server side.

Xiaomi add one new options on the developer menu on Miui 8 based on Android N to make it easy to unlock the bootloader!

Xiaomi suspended for the time being the developer rom version 7.2.9 based on Android N for the Mi 4c!

Read more about it here: http://en.miui.com/thread-501412-1-1.html

Last edited:
drain seems gone now, android 7 runs smooth so far as i can tell... now going to check if i can root it again...
Can you check if the last two cores of the 808 stay turned off\stopped all the time? Even under heavy load? Because i notice that this is the case since beta 7.1.4

6e94e369bbb4b97d549433b0965536be.jpg

But you are using lollipop right? I mean Nougat dude!

Yes 5.1...I just realized what you meant...
On lollipop mine is also normal, in other words, all cores are turned on and the first four ones can reach up to 1.4 ghz and the last two can reach up to 1.8 ghz like it should be! But in nougat, since beta 7.1.4, the last two cores stay turned off\stopped all the freaking time, even under heavy load even when the device starts to "hang" because that first four cores have reached their "limit", and also cpu-z lists that all the cores are only able to reach 1.4 ghz instead of 1.4 ghz for the first four cores and 1.8 ghz for the last two, in other words, cpu-z in nougat rom tells you that both the arms (A53 and A57) can only reach up to 1.4 ghz.