Mi4c Bricked While Upgrading To 7.9.7

spockie

Members
Dec 6, 2015
Good evening.

I've flashed a lot of MIUI ROMS from xiaomi.eu without a problem, but today, while upgrading my Mi4C from 7.8.31 to 7.9.7 (manual donwload, using the updater app), the phone just switched off. I didn't get any warning about battery before starting the process, and I'm sure it didn't finished: it just got black and (I think) off.

It doesn't respond to any key combination to get into recovery or fastboot mode, and plugging it to a laptop results in "cannot retrieve hardware descriptor". Linux says more, throwing USB error -110, that means the laptop cannot power the device enough to make it work.

Connecting it to AC makes no difference (by the moment). No charging led, no battery loading animation if I press the power button.

What can I do at this point? Is there any way I can try to revive it and reflash? Have I lost the content?

Looks like it was by chance that it died while upgrading. It just died. Does anyone know a Xiaomi technical service in Europe where I can send it to repair? I'd really like to recover the data.

Thanks!

Got it repaired at MiCenter in Wrocław (Poland). Nice and fast service and communication. It comes it was in EDL mode (Emergency Download, only present in Snapdragon chips), that makes the phone usb port accessible only as COM port to upload a new firmware from scratch. Damn, if I only knew that before I could have repaired it by myself. Obviously I lost all my "unclouded" data, but at least the phone is up and running again.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamme729