Mi4c Eu Warranty

n3onis

Members
Jan 6, 2017
Hi, I just bought the Mi4c and I found out that the latest official ROMs are for China only. Is there a way to get the latest updates to global without losing warranty?

Hi, I just bought the Mi4c and I found out that the latest official ROMs are for China only. Is there a way to get the latest updates to global without losing warranty?
Mi 4c is a device sold only in china! That's why it only has the china rom and not global! Sorry, but you don't have a warranty for this device, because like i said it's only sold in china, so the moment the device leaves the Chinese territory it's a bye bye to the warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: brits
In Romania it is sold by many electronics retailers, so it has the usual 24 month warranty. It also comes with an unlocked bootloader usually, so it's easy to make a backup of original ROM and restore it if needed.

In Romania it is sold by many electronics retailers, so it has the usual 24 month warranty. It also comes with an unlocked bootloader usually, so it's easy to make a backup of original ROM and restore it if needed.

Wow... you get a 2 years warranty from the stores? Nice! But like I've said, you don't have a warranty from the manufacturer, in this case xiaomi.

The device coming with a unlocked bootloader is not an advantage to me, because this just tells you that the reseller that you brought it from has tampered with the device and it's rom, a rom that you don't know where it came from and that you don't know what is inside of it(bloatware and other suspicious software)! When i got my mi 4c that i had brought from gearbest, the first thing that i did was to flash the last stable Chinese rom using fastboot to make sure that would get rid of any modifications done to the device by the reseller! My mi 4c came with a tampered "Stable Global" rom full of bloatware that were opening ads all the freaking time.

Last edited:
Most of the phones sold here are the same. Some funny version of global stable and some said they had ads pop up so most people install xiaomi.eu or cm roms. Having an unlocked bootloader helps, as original firmwares only have Chinese and English and they come without gapps and with some bad /incomplete translations.

Most of the phones sold here are the same. Some funny version of global stable and some said they had ads pop up so most people install xiaomi.eu or cm roms. Having an unlocked bootloader helps, as original firmwares only have Chinese and English and they come without gapps and with some bad /incomplete translations.

Nah, it doesn't! Like i said, it's just tells you that the device has been tampered with. The best course of action is to flash the fastboot rom to make sure that you will get rid of any tampering that was done to the device and by doing this your bootloader will get locked again, so the device coming with a unlocked bootloader is not an advantage to me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also received the phone with an international ROM and unlocked bootloader with 1 year warranty from an European store "Extreme digital". I flashed MIUI8 on it, not sure what was on it before, but it might actually have been the xiaomi.eu ROM, since the translations were the same. It was MIUI7, though.

Also didn't come with any bloatware preinstalled.

Last edited:
Also didn't come with any bloatware preinstalled.

Right, that you didn't know of. You can't possibly know what the reseller did to your device! Like i said "The best course of action is to flash the fastboot rom to make sure that you will get rid of any tampering that was done to the device"