Mi4c Marshmallow Update...anounced But Never Comes

keryo

Members
Feb 19, 2016
I bought a Mi4c a few months ago convinced it was a great phone that could replace my Nexus 5 and yes it is a good phone with good specs but I bought it also when Xiaomi announced it would update to Marshmallow. My Nexus 5 was already running under MM so, I thought it would be a matter of a couple of weeks. Today months have passed, many manufacturers like Motorola, Sony and even Samsung have updated some of their models even Moto E...but still nothing for Mi4c. Xiaomi makes good phones and I thought it was better than others cheap Chineses makers. It wants to be compared to Apple but it lacks support and compromise to existing customers. I probably had placed my expectations too high. Am I the only one? Next time I will buy a Nexus again.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

I bought a Mi4c a few months ago convinced it was a great phone that could replace my Nexus 5 and yes it is a good phone with good specs but I bought it also when Xiaomi announced it would update to Marshmallow. My Nexus 5 was already running under MM so, I thought it would be a matter of a couple of weeks. Today months have passed, many manufacturers like Motorola, Sony and even Samsung have updated some of their models even Moto E...but still nothing for Mi4c. Xiaomi makes good phones and I thought it was better than others cheap Chineses makers. It wants to be compared to Apple but it lacks support and compromise to existing customers. I probably had placed my expectations too high. Am I the only one? Next time I will buy a Nexus again.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
Announced ? Officially? Where ? By whom ?

It's obvious that an official update with MM will come but not so soon. If you want for a reason or for another Marshmallow you can install via TWRP CM 13 by superluminal Team. I heard it runs smoothly without any issues. http://www.teamsuperluminal.org/mi4c-cyanogenmod-13/

Reactions: kisspeti
I would not bid on a mm update for Mi4c as previous Mi4 skipped lollipop. Miui is an android fork as long as you get miui updates it's all good.

Reactions: wolfanger