Mi4c Sold By Mi Store In Canada

Victor Lopez

Members
Apr 9, 2016
Dear all, I bought a Mi4c two weeks ago, online from the MI canadian store. When the phone arrived it had a ROM that had very little chinese content, perhaps just the MiStore and the Music app content.The phone originally came with the GooglePlay app installed. Three days later, after I had the phone personalized and ready to start using it, the MiPC suite indicated that there was an update available. I thought it will be the much anticipated Android 6 and I complied with the request. After the update all the google applications disapeared and the chinese content of the phone is significantly higher, including the keyboard. Before I could have two keyboards, English and Russian and now I can't even get the english one. I have been reading that they pushed an update to comply with the Chinese regulations regarding google and that that particular update "locked" the phone. I tried to install the Global ROM but the I cant install TWRP and Flashify tells me that I don't have admin access to the ROM. What to do? The phone works but it's basically useless for me because of the overwhelming chinese content. I have emailed MI about it asking for a unlock code, I have emailed the store asking to return the phone...and no answers for a week.
Am I SOL?

unlocking by official way @ xiaomi sms received after 18 days, didnt give me a unlocked phone, it stopped at checking at 50% giving some verification error. I just unlocked it by reading through 40 posts and got it to developher version before it was locked, then i could post twrp and flash newest .eu version.. try reading in here http://xda-rom-download.blogspot.nl/2016/03/guide-unlocking-mi4c-bl-without.html this gve me the best start to unlocking

Thank you Barry, Thank you iamme...I have no patience. I wasn't born with that gene...so, I couldn't wait for the code. I read, and read, and read,and read. Tried many suggestions. I am not a developer or even a programmer, but I feel comfortable around technology.
After MANY tries and many failures I got it working. And THIS is what I have to say: ALL those suggestions are the same, they give you the same path to success. They all are right in their own right. The problem is that they are really not step-by-step guides. So, my guess is that my failures were caused by not knowing what "command fastboot flash..." means, or for instance "call TWRP" etc. But I have to admit that after reading many, many posts, and information places I got the general idea and was able to get my phone unlocked. I flashed the latest Global "libra" ROM and most admit the little phone is a beast. I am happy with it. I am also a bit lucky that I didn't brick the phone trying!
Now that I know what to do, I have no problem buying some more of these devices.
Bad Xiaomi support...baaaaad Xiaomi support...

Reactions: Barry Laros