Mi5 Network Lte Drops

Petitgnoll6

Members
Dec 30, 2016
Hi !

First of all, thank you for the ROM and the trads and everything, it's really great ! =)

I installed The latest MIUI8 rom on my MI5 and it's really great, (just a few bugs because of the translations, like: in French translation, you can't get to the "button" settings, you have to set English language and then you can access it). Anyway, it's great !!

But I'm having an annoying bug: sometimes my LTE 4g drop and goes back to H+, and doesn't go back to LTE unless I manually switch the prefered Network from LTE to 3g then back to LTE (or airplane mode, I think it works, didn't try).
And the H+ is "weak", because it switches to LTE <-> 3g all the time I assume.

Anyway, I saw this bug was known like 6 months ago before the global ROM and then I read nothing about it. Is it still a case ?
Is there any fix ?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

PS: do you have any advice to configure your new MIUI 8 phone/Android phone ? I'm switching from iOS so I may miss some cool feature from android by not searching enough in the phone :(
And I don't really understadn how the battery saver app from xiaomi works.. If you have any advice about everything don't hesitate ;)

Try going to settings > About Phone and tap on internal memory until a hidden menu pops out. There go to phone information and try setting the preferred network type to LTE Only. That's it.

Note that if you go out of the LTE area you'll get no signal at all. To fix it, simply go to sim settings and manually set it to prefer 3G or whatever suits you best.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

For the battery saver, I never use it because I note that when I enable it my battery drains even faster. Anyways, to get the most out of your battery never let it overnight charging or for long periods after it hits 100%. So plug in your charger and as soon. As it hits 100% unplug it. You won't note the difference at first but after a few cycles you will see for yourself.
e144b60f77424c4aeb4dfe37a1d0128e.jpg
that's the longest my Mi5s has ever lasted doing what I just told.

Ye, I always need more tips !
What is super useful or something you use everyday (in MIUI or a downloaded app) ? Maybe I missed something

Ho and, about the vocal assistant, is there a Siri like (I don't use it much but it's sometimes useful) ?
I tried "Google" but it doesn't work verywell and I can't use it when the phone is locked.

There is Google assistant but is only available on the Google Pixel phone. (In my opinion is smarter/friendlier than Siri)

However with exposed framework + root you can download an exposed module called Assistant enabler which as you can already imagine it enables Google assistant.
04701b1527ff51bee42da8b057a0d6c6.jpg
This is a screenshot of mine using the assistant and the leaked Pixel launcher.

You can use certain features while locked but like Siri or any other assistant more advanced functions require you to unlock the phone.

For a daily app, well, I mostly listen to music on my phone so I recommend looking for the Dolby Atmos installer on XDA which enables Dolby Atmos sound systemwide for a clearer experience while listening to music.

And the music service I always use is Apple Music(paid).