Mi5 Rom Nougat Only 2 Cores Working

Gerson Oliveira

Members
Aug 19, 2016
Hi! I am using MI5 32gb with xioami.eu 6.12.29 nugat and agter~10-12 minutes phone put 2 cores to sleep and only 2 lower cores are running. I restart my phone and the issue continues. I runned games and videos to try to see if the cores come back to work but not worked. See the pics. So I came back to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.11.10_v8-6.0 and cores are working correctly.

Attachments

• 15820204_1262575487162461_1196846190_n.png
    15820204_1262575487162461_1196846190_n.png
    82 KB · Views: 2,283
  • 15841202_1262575223829154_169598938_n.png
    15841202_1262575223829154_169598938_n.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 2,494
Cpu-z does not show the exact statictics on every device... so don't worry, the cpu is working normally! you can see the exact statistics on the settings menu/developer options/ show cpu usage

what about it? i don't think there is a rom on xiaomi eu which has 2 cpu cores stopped. if you use cyanogen the may be some errors but on eu roms i don't think so

Hi! I am using MI5 32gb with xioami.eu 6.12.29 nugat and agter~10-12 minutes phone put 2 cores to sleep and only 2 lower cores are running. I restart my phone and the issue continues. I runned games and videos to try to see if the cores come back to work but not worked. See the pics. So I came back to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_6.11.10_v8-6.0 and cores are working correctly.

Check this thread
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...t-7-0-6-12-15-1-2-resolved.36889/#post-340794

baiscally, with CPUZ and some other 3rd party app, they wont show u the other 2 Cores, so if u really want to check if your cores are fine, just go into the Developer Mode and its developer settings, and turn on "Show CPU Usage" this will give u a realtime stats of ur CPU on overlay on screen. it will give u all 4 cores

Reactions: Jaime DLH
It is Qualcomm MP decision. Don't worry

It is Qualcomm MP decision. Don't worry
I puted heavy apps and games to run togheter and cores still sleeping. Its not a Qualcomm MP. Its a problem with nugat. On marshmallow roms all is oK. CPU Z, AIDA64 and antutu shows that 2 cores are sleeping. And if was a CPU Z false information why phone get slowly sundely in normal use?

Last edited:
I runned heavy apps and games to run togheter ans cores still sleeping. Its not a Qualcomm MP. Its a problem with nugat. On marshmallow roms all is oK. CPU Z, AIDA64 and antutu shows that 2 cores are sleeping. And if was a CPU Z false information why phone get slowly sundely in normal use?

Other posters already explained the situtaion to you, so what is your problem? What does ist say in developer settings under cpu usage?

I puted heavy apps and games to run togheter and cores still sleeping. Its not a Qualcomm MP. Its a problem with nugat. On marshmallow roms all is oK. CPU Z, AIDA64 and antutu shows that 2 cores are sleeping. And if was a CPU Z false information why phone get slowly sundely in normal use?
If you want to check that with nougat, reboot via twrp and remove
/system/bin/mpdecision
It will be the same as with marshmallow then.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

this is a screenshot from your video. you can see clearly that all 4 cpu cores are online and working. leave the cpu-z app alone. it's an 3rd party app with false information in your case. Your cpu is working normally. Case solved!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,977
this is a screenshot from your video. you can see clearly that all 4 cpu cores are online and working. leave the cpu-z app alone. it's an 3rd party app with false information in your case. Your cpu is working normally. Case solved!
I attached this video to show that something are wrong. Phone start to get very slow at the moment that cpu z are showing that 2 cores are sleeping. Rom shows that 4 cores are working, but in use are much lower than expected. Independent that cpu z are right or not phone is not normal with 7.0. Returned to 6.0 and phone working correctly. I respect so much miui.eu developers and I think that in next versions it will be even better, but for a while I returned to miui.eu with marshmallow.

Last edited:
I attached this video to show that something are wrong. Phone start to get very slow at the moment that cpu z are showing that 2 cores are sleeping. Rom shows that 4 cores are working, but in use are much lower than expected. Independent that cpu z are right or not phone is not normal with 7.0. Returned to 6.0 and phone working correctly. I respect so much miui.eu developers and I think that i next version it will be even better, but for a while I returned to miui.eu with marshmallow.
I have the same problem, the phone is very slow and scores only 50.000 on AnTuTu :/

I agree with Gerson view. U run the Antutu benchmark then u See the Problem. I tested few time with 6.12.29. START OFF u Can notice CPU Is responding slow. I switch back to 6.12.22 . No hassle at all. Try It then u will notice the problem

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Besides synthetic benchmarking utilities like AnTuTu, resource-intensive games are some of the most sensible indicators of device performance. Has anyone noticed degraded gaming performance after upgrading to nougat on the Mi5? I don't do gaming on my phone *and* am still on Marshmallow 8.1.6.0 so couldn't tell, but if anyone has, please tell...

In my case I have 7.1.5 global dev ROM (I'm beta tester) and I don't have problems. Phone is always the same no lags or nothing.
PS: did right now antutu benchmark and I got 147276. So no problems for me with official ROM and it is beta too

Last edited:
Besides synthetic benchmarking utilities like AnTuTu, resource-intensive games are some of the most sensible indicators of device performance. Has anyone noticed degraded gaming performance after upgrading to nougat on the Mi5? I don't do gaming on my phone *and* am still on Marshmallow 8.1.6.0 so couldn't tell, but if anyone has, please tell...
Yes. Sometimes Mortal Komabt X presented legs and app stopped to work. In my case at the moment marshmallow are ok.

Hmm now I'm on 8.1.7.0 xiaomi eu
Although all the CPU status report apps show big core is either stop or sleep all the time, but the phone operation is completely normal
My Mi 5 is 32GB so it's expected the benchmark is around 117k
Here's my antutu benchmark:
1.jpg

Last edited: