Mi5 Xiaomi.eu Rom Few Things That I Noticed

Spirit

Members
Nov 10, 2016
Hello everyone,

since 3 months i'm a proud owner of a mi5 64gb.
i bought it in china when i went there for vacation.

when i bought it, it had the chinese stock rom installed with lots of bloatware and no multilanguage support. (I'm german)
After found this site i unlocked my bootloader and installed 7.5 later 8.0 and last week finally 8.1.1.0 (MAACNDI)

First i need to tell you guys are awesome, the xiaomi ROM is a great advantage compared to original ROM!
Theres just a few things that i noticed since the 7.5 MIUI ROM from xiaomi.eu
(I didnt root and I'm using the default Theme)

1. In lockscreen sometimes the music player gets enabled by itself. Is there an option to disable it completely?
2. I have random wakeups in idle where the display gets turned on for several seconds, then goes black again (no notifications)
3. The weather App based on accuweather data is not really precise, anyone know if there is a chance to change it to another data service like for example wunderground ? I would change a different app, but it seems accuweather influence also notification bar and calendar.

Thank you guys for your answers!

Reactions: elpayasokrasty
Ad 1: It is a default behavior in case that phone is connected via BT to media device. When I have mine connected to car, then after first call Music Player is automatically launched.
Ad 3: I also found it unreliable...It found Ljubljana only after several tries...

Reactions: Spirit