Mi5s Can't Copy The Rom .zip File To The Phone

matrunrun

Members
Nov 7, 2016
Hello everyone.
As there is no Global Rom for the Mi5s, someone from the miui forum suggested me to put your rom. unfortunately I can not ... as i did the recovery.img with adb...
after doing the format disk on the phone, i am supposed to copy the (capricorn)zip file to the phone.
Nothing happen when i try to copy. even when i try to create a new folder.
I can see my Mi5s on the computer and when i type on properties, i can see that the disk is there but no informations about the size.
I am completely lost now and need some help if someone have an answer.
I just need to copy the rom.zip file to the phone.
(And i dont know what i did wrong, but everything about the twrp in the phone is in chinease)
thank you
Mathieu

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

I download rom directly from phone and have zip in download folder...

thank you for the changing language (that's nice) ...but i can still not copy the ROM.zip file to the phone

Hope that you don't wipe system, if not do as i did boot on your phone and download rom from phone it will be in your download folder...
ae9afa74b025d92fc07228171cac90a2.jpg

I use computer just to unlock phone and install twrp from that point i never use computer again.

I did wipe (format) as it was written on the tutorial i received. so i am just wondering what to do now...

on the phone i went to wipe and then "format data" and then now the disk is empty. but i just cant access the disk from my computer to get to copy the rom to the phone.

If you didnt wipe system i think you can still start your phone you can try it or use adb push command just follow instructions that i posted in link above...

hey.. really thanks for your help. i was able to push the file to the phone and it's working... THANKS A LOT for being so quick and so helpful.