Mi6 4g Uk Bands

amruth92

Members
Sep 16, 2012
Hello!
After a couple of years away from Xiaomi, I'm looking to make a return by getting a Mi6, but just had one question:

I understand that Band 20/800MHZ (the band used by must 4G providers in the UK) isn't supported by the phone. However, I have read that the phone does support 1800 and 1900MHZ. Does this mean that 4G is still accessible on Virgin Mobile, TPO, FreedomPOP, iD Mobile, BT Mobile, Three, and EE who offer 4G (along with 2G services) on 1800MHZ?

Thank you in advance!

Hello!
After a couple of years away from Xiaomi, I'm looking to make a return by getting a Mi6, but just had one question:

I understand that Band 20/800MHZ (the band used by must 4G providers in the UK) isn't supported by the phone. However, I have read that the phone does support 1800 and 1900MHZ. Does this mean that 4G is still accessible on Virgin Mobile, TPO, FreedomPOP, iD Mobile, BT Mobile, Three, and EE who offer 4G (along with 2G services) on 1800MHZ?

Thank you in advance!
Yes, I phoned Three UK before purchasing a Mi Max 2 beforehand. Works fine on the network with 4G Supervoice as well (VoLTE).

Reactions: amruth92
Same here in Germany, in theory 800MHz (Band 20) is the most used frequency. But as it has the slowest speed of all other bands (50Mbit), it's used for rural areas, highways, railway lines etc. as it has the biggest radio range. Within cities you will have band 3 or band 7 (150 or 300 Mbit), no worries about that. Also on stations, airports and other conurbations you will most likely have band 7. As the Mi6 is a Cat 16 LTE phone, you will at least have 300Mbit then.

Thing is, it doesn't make a big difference: As band 20 provides only up to 50 Mbit, you're fine with HSDPA which goes up to 42Mbit and is basically everywhere :)

Oh and also almost every provider has a coverage map online. Some only show 4G, others show different 4G speeds. "Up to 50Mbits" means band 20 there.

hello,

one more thing reg mi6 and UK frequencies - thinking about buying handset and use it in UK (Three network). Not worried about primary sim and 4G/LTE (works ok in bigger citys), only question is secondary SIM. I'm gonna use it for polish SIM (Orange network) and my worry is this - secondary SIM works on 2G only and on checking frequencies for UK networks I found out 2G is not supported for Three UK. Does it mean it (2nd sim) won't work at all? Or would I be able to receive/make phone calls and texts? I'm not bothered with any data fot secondary SIM, ad mentioned it's solemnly for talk/text use.

Thanks for help.

hello,

..I'm gonna use it for polish SIM (Orange network) and my worry is this - secondary SIM works on 2G only and on checking frequencies for UK networks I found out 2G is not supported for Three UK. Does it mean it (2nd sim) won't work at all?..

Thanks for help.

I have 2 sims in my phone and both slots are capable to work in 4G. Sim cards are from 2 different carriers and i switch them often, depending of the network quality

Only one SIM-card can access data.
As far as I know, only Huawei made dual-active SIM slots, as even them are taking this feature from their phones.

Although they show 4G access, when one is active (calling or transferring data), the one is shut down.
This is the main reason why people with dual-SIM phones lose so much calls.

This is a particular issue when doing a hotspot with your phone.
This is why most companies choose Huawei phones for their company phone: hotspot while in call, having one SIM for data and another SIM for calls.

Still have Huawei's Honor 8, but have only 1 sim-card, so couldn't try that feature.

On my country, Brazil, all operators is going to B28 (700MHZ) have any way to make the phone work? Maybe unlocking in the hardware... Anyone knows?