Mi8 notification and Status bar

FS#12

Members
Sep 22, 2018
Hey,
I have a Mi8 with the latest xiaomi.eu MIUI 10 stable.
I was checking previous posts and now I wonder whether I am the only one who misses notifications in the status bar?

Why can't there be a second status bar below the notch?
When I get a mail, the phone beeps, but I don't get any notification without having to pull down the "status bar".
I want to see which apps have notifications (e.g. WhatsApp, Gmail, Telegram all together) without having to pull down the status bar (which is ridiculously far away).
And I want to see, if my Bluetooth is turned on (as well as Wifi, GPS, etc.).

Am I really the only one who is damn frustrated about that?

Reactions: Qu Paolo
Yes, we should have dropped notifications below Notch! I know the notifications because I use the Mi Band.

The same thing happens to me, I'm desperate. Any suggestions to correct this? I would like to see the notifications on the screen

I am also disappointed missing notification icons in status bar.
The notifications can be enabled if you flash the mod.

I get the notifications in the status bar as well as the lock screen and it's all good.

Flash this: https://********.com/miui-notification-icons-for-notch-phones/

Reactions: a6500 and asper777
The notifications can be enabled if you flash the mod.

I get the notifications in the status bar as well as the lock screen and it's all good.

Flash this: https://********.com/miui-notification-icons-for-notch-phones/

Could you post a picture of the lock screen with whatsapp notification on it? And do you receive all the notifications on the lock screen?

Could you post a picture of the lock screen with whatsapp notification on it? And do you receive all the notifications on the lock screen?
Trust me, I receive Whatsapp notifications on the lock screen as well as Gmail, SMS, Calls, etc. You can customize the notifications for the apps in Settings - Installed Apps - Pick the app you want and give permissions and customize the notifications. It works!

Btw, I am on the stable EU 10.0.6.0 version (oreo).

Reactions: Salahe
Trust me, I receive Whatsapp notifications on the lock screen as well as Gmail, SMS, Calls, etc. You can customize the notifications for the apps in Settings - Installed Apps - Pick the app you want and give permissions and customize the notifications. It works!

Btw, I am on the stable EU 10.0.6.0 version (oreo).

Nice, thank you for the response. :cool: I'am on 8.9.24, I'am thinking about doing this, there's no need to root?

For notifications, there is no need to root.

But, I would definitely flash Magisk 17.2 as you can freeze lots of unwanted apps and hide root for bank apps through Magisk hide. And, u can install AdAway and block all the annoying ads!

I have the 3 dots on the left above side of my Mi 8. I can't seem to get the line: settings put system status_bar_show_notification_icon 1 in adb shell to work.
I'm operating in Windows 10, i even tried .\ in a command line. Any solution?

I have the 3 dots on the left above side of my Mi 8. I can't seem to get the line: settings put system status_bar_show_notification_icon 1 in adb shell to work.
I'm operating in Windows 10, i even tried .\ in a command line. Any solution?
The command is "adb shell settings put system status_bar_show_notification_icon 1"

Enviado de meu MI 8 usando o Tapatalk

I've tried it but the notifications are shown in the right - center so they are hidden behind the notch on 8.10.12 weekly

For notifications, there is no need to root.

But, I would definitely flash Magisk 17.2 as you can freeze lots of unwanted apps and hide root for bank apps through Magisk hide. And, u can install AdAway and block all the annoying ads!
What version of adway works on miui.eu stable for mi8??