Mi8 Pro lost TWRP/Root after updating from Global Stable 10.3.3.0 to 10.3.4.0 PECMIXM -> cant get TWRP back only stock recovery let me boot to system

bssnik

Members
Jul 21, 2019
Hello there,

hopefully someone can help me to get out of the misery.. so what I did since I got my xiaomi:

1. some months ago I unlocked my bootloader and flashed the global rom 10.2.2.0, after that I installed twrp + magisk
2. once 10.3.3.0 came online I downloaded the full ROM as zip and flashed it through twrp successfully
3. I lost twrp+magsik. No Problem I installed twrp back using fastboot and installed magsik trough twrp.

4. as version 10.3.4.0 came out some days ago, I downloaded it like in step 2 full rom as zip and installed it through TWRP
5. like in step 3 I lost twrp+magsik to stock recovery. No Problem I thought, connected to PC and flashed twrp through fastboot successfully

6. Now the Problem begins and I dont know what my fault is:
booted to recovery with fastboot command, twrp opens, asks for my password -> I type it in and want to reboot to system, but this keeps me into fastboot mode and I cant boot to system.

7. If I install stock recovery, I can boot insto system without problem.

So where is my fault? I googled a bit but I'm not sure and tried different twrp versions..

thanks!!

Hello there,

hopefully someone can help me to get out of the misery.. so what I did since I got my xiaomi:

1. some months ago I unlocked my bootloader and flashed the global rom 10.2.2.0, after that I installed twrp + magisk
2. once 10.3.3.0 came online I downloaded the full ROM as zip and flashed it through twrp successfully
3. I lost twrp+magsik. No Problem I installed twrp back using fastboot and installed magsik trough twrp.

4. as version 10.3.4.0 came out some days ago, I downloaded it like in step 2 full rom as zip and installed it through TWRP
5. like in step 3 I lost twrp+magsik to stock recovery. No Problem I thought, connected to PC and flashed twrp through fastboot successfully

6. Now the Problem begins and I dont know what my fault is:
booted to recovery with fastboot command, twrp opens, asks for my password -> I type it in and want to reboot to system, but this keeps me into fastboot mode and I cant boot to system.

7. If I install stock recovery, I can boot insto system without problem.

So where is my fault? I googled a bit but I'm not sure and tried different twrp versions..

thanks!!
My view is dencryption within TWRP doesn't end correctly and that directs to fastboot.
Try removing your PW, not sure that work either.

My view is dencryption within TWRP doesn't end correctly and that directs to fastboot.
Try removing your PW, not sure that work either.

hey, thanks for your tip. I tried it without success, still cant boot to system with twrp.

I also tried to use "remove DMVerity" without success, with error failed to patch

I don#t understand it too, it must be something with encryption / unencryption, Maybe I forgot Things to do after unlocking Bootloader, installing twrp+magsik, but then why the update from 10.2.2.0 to 10.3.3.0 didnt gave me an error after reflashing twrp..

I guess I Need to make an local miui backup and reflash my Rom, or someone has an solution..

If not, do you have a good guide for doing everything Right when beginning from the Scratch?

Thanks!