Mi9se Quick Charging Woes

autumnhasfall3n

Members
Nov 18, 2019
Recently my phone has been charging incredibly slowly. I used to get quick charge on the charger that came with my phone but now it doesnt even charge fast enough to beat discharge while in use. I have tried replacing the cable, switching to another charger and going back to the stock cable, all no dice. It's been like this since i upgraded to miui11, though i cant be certain that was the cause. Ampere reports anywhere from 25 to 400mA at around 10 percent. Any other troubleshooting steps i can take?

In case anyone is googling and finds this post, here is a summary of the problem and how i resolved it
  • Firstly the phone was charging at an extremely slow rate, and no change of charger configuration fixed it and quick charge was no longer availible
  • Secondly, usb file transfer to the phone was no longer available when plugged into any device despite having the correct drivers installed
  • Thirdly, the phone was not detectable as an adb device
This most likely means that your usb board has become damaged. fortunately this is a fairly easy hardware fix, you can purchase another usb daughterboard online and swap it out for the old one. This resolved all the issues with the phone.