Mi9T loses audio after few hours of standby.

HueLight

Members
Aug 6, 2019
My phone loses audio after 2-8 hours of standby without touching it. all apps has no sound,no ringtone sound or anything. when i load a video it runs on 1-2fps without sound.

the only thing that has sound is when i call someone or answer an incoming call,the call itself works but no ringtone.
Reboot fixes the problem until it happens again. i got the phone for only 4 days.

It runs on MIUI Global 10.3.9.

is this a known issue?

Common issue on K20 Pro. If you are able to install Magisk through TWRP, try the following steps (I'll paste the steps I used to make it work from an earlier post of mine in the xiaomi.eu forums):
What you have to do is install Magisk via recovery. You can find the links in the xda forums. Then, reboot, go to Magisk manager app, downloads, and look for the following modules:
- Audio Compatibility Patch - most important one;
- Audio Modification library;
- Viper4android FX.
Install these. Most likely, the first module will solve the problem with audio missing from YouTube, Spotify, or all other apps.
The bug regarding no voice or mic during calls seems to be caused by Google Assistant. After yesterday, I disabled Google assistant via settings and everything has been fine.
However, I cannot guarantee the issue will not recur. You will not be able to use Google assistant, but I haven't been able to make it work anyway.

Do i need to root the device or things like that? because i have two years warranty.

Is this issue is known to the devs and going to be fixed soon in an update? because i can tolerate it for now if i know it will be fixed with an update.

I found the cause of this problem. When phone is locked with screen off,the notification sounds sometimes gets queued and being played 5-10 seconds late. and sometimes cannot be played at all. then, there is no sound at all. i assume the video gets laggy because the phone tries to release and play the notification sound before the video audio and thats what cause it to stutter.

I been using WMA files for notification sounds and maybe it bugs the MIUI. i converted all the sounds i am using to MP3 128kb 44hz.

i will see if this will solve this problem. i will come back to report.

Iam happy to report that the issue has not returned since i removed all the WMA files and converted them into MP3. Dont use WMA files as ringtone/notification sounds.

No its not. the problem was caused by WMA files being used as ringtones and notification sounds. since i converted those to MP3 the problem has not returned.