Mi9T Migrate Xiaomi.EU Android 10 to Xioami.EU Android 11 without data loss

kingornet

Members
Jul 12, 2020
Hey everyone,

I have Xiaomi Mi9T with Xiaomi.EU ROM latest update September with Android 10, after that it migrated to Mi9T Model to Xiaomi.EU Android 11 version, but as far as I know, you should re -flash the device and loose all your data.

My question is: is there a way to migrate without data loss in this case, as the way before Update over the excising old version of Xiaomi.EU?

I read about Titanium Backup and Migrate, but I'm not sure how stable are these apps when comes to backup, I will appreciate if someone share the steps or idea how I could update to Android 11 Xioami.EU without loosing my data.

Thank you :)

Hello,

You never need to wipe or format data when upgrading... Flash the new ROM/update in TWRP then reboot and it's done. :)

But as far as I know, for the new Android 11 I need new TWRP version, which needs to be flashed and if this happens I think I should and format data?

But as far as I know, for the new Android 11 I need new TWRP version, which needs to be flashed and if this happens I think I should and format data?
You don't need to format data when you flash another TWRP. ^^

xiaomi.eu ROMs generally include the latest TWRP for your device. :)

• Love
Reactions: jhnmrksrc
You don't need to format data when you flash another TWRP. ^^

xiaomi.eu ROMs generally include the latest TWRP for your device. :)

So in my case I'm able just to upgrade the Phone with the old way of downloading the latest weekly Xiaomi.EU Rom and it will upgrade everything without loosing my data?

Hi Poney, sorry to bother you again but let me see if I understood:
Model: MI 9T davinci

I'm in the last Android 10 ROM version (20.9.17) and I want to upgrade it to the Android 11 (21.1.20), can I just download the ROM and flash it trough the updater "choose package to update"? It's not needed to manually update twrp right ?

Hi Poney, sorry to bother you again but let me see if I understood:
Model: MI 9T davinci

I'm in the last Android 10 ROM version (20.9.17) and I want to upgrade it to the Android 11 (21.1.20), can I just download the ROM and flash it trough the updater "choose package to update"? It's not needed to manually update twrp right ?

Yes, both methods are fine. :)

Yes, both methods are fine. :)

@Poney70

One last question to be exactly sure.

If I mess something, will the default Backup from TWRP will do the work, if after installing the new version I felt in Bootloop.

For example I have a Backup from TWRP with everything, I update the new Weekly and fall into Bootloop and resotre the last Backup from TWRP, will everything work fine as before?

Thank you! :)