MiBand operation

imortalitzik

Members
Mar 9, 2013
hi i bought mi band and i have some questions. 1. can someone direct me to a user guide , because it notify me sometimes for example by flashing light or vibrate without any reason and i don't know what it wants from me. 2. i think the step count is giving fake reading because it shows me a long distance walk where i only travel a little by foot. maybe also it should have special thread at the forum . many thanks

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk 2

1. Did you activate "Miss call notification" in settings? Because if you did, that's why.
2. Step count is quite accurate for me based on empirical tests (e.g. open the app, wait for the sync to finish and count my steps while comparing with the app). However you NEED TO MAKE SURE that you wear your band on the least used hand (left if you are right handed, right if you are left handed). Also, i've seen improvements since the last firmware update (the one from last night, fw# 1.0.3.2, app version 1.1.511). Also make sure you properly set your height/weight although this should not make a difference on step counts.

1. yes i have activated missed called , but it vibrates without any missing calls and also the led flashes randomly.
2. i need to use it on my right hand and i am right handed because that's the hand i use the phone with.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk 2

1. No clue then
2. No you don't.

Fitbit FAQ:
Wearing your Fitbit One or Ultra on the wrist of your non-dominant hand captures your fullest range of motion and gives a more complete portrait of your sleep movement.

You can improve the accuracy of your Flex by changing the Dominant Hand setting on your Device Settings page (http://www.fitbit.com/settings/device), which can be found under the gear icon in the upper right corner of your Dashboard. Changing this setting to "Dominant" will decrease sensitivity of step counting and should reduce over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Using the "Non Dominant" setting will increase the sensitivity of step counting, and can be used if your Flex is not counting enough steps. You can also add other personal settings such as stride length on your settings page to make Flex more personalized for you.

Move it on your left, MI Band unlock will still work. As you see the above FAQ wearing it on your dominant hand WILL INCREASE the recorded step count.