Mibox 3 Global new oreo update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2018
Have you considered your kludgy use of an ethernet adapter may be the root of your issue?

Eliminate your adapter, use standard wifi, flash 2179 and perform full factory reset from settings menu.

Finally, investigate any potential spectrum conflicts within your local wifi environment
You may want to re-read my post. Yes, I have indeed considered my 'kludgy' use of an ethernet adapter may be the root of issues hence why I clearly stated that network dropout's occur with or without adapters. Ditto for the build 2179.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2015
Maybe you misread my post but yes, I have indeed considered my 'kludgy' use of an ethernet adapter may be the root of issues hence why I clearly stated network dropout's occur with or without adapters. Ditto for the build 2179.
I have been a native English speaker for 65+ years and I fully comprehend your comments.

There were 3 suggestions in my post. You would be in a tiny minority of users who still suffered connectivity issues after assiduously following these proven steps. You may also consider updating your router firmware....

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Aug 8, 2018
I have been a native English speaker for 65+ years and I fully comprehend your comments.

There were 3 suggestions in my post. You would be in a tiny minority of users who still suffered connectivity issues after assiduously following these proven steps. You may also consider updating your router firmware....

With all due respect, being a native speaker doesn't make one immune from miscomprehension. I was simply and politely informing you that the first 2 suggestions had already been covered in my initial post.

As for my routers setup and firmware, those are also well marshaled and tested - fully updated firmware, gigabit ethernet for wired connections, tested with both auto and manual channel selection (interference reduction) etc etc.

I can also assure that I'm not in the minority, I've also spoken privately to the Xiaomi liaison here who has indicated they are aware of the deeper networking bug.

PS. I'd rather not go off track on this thread, my initial post was simply to inform that particular user that buying yet another ethernet adapter may not be worth his time or money.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2015
With all due respect, being a native speaker doesn't make one immune from miscomprehension. I was simply and politely informing you that the first 2 suggestions had already been covered in my initial post.

As for for my routers setup and firmware, those are also well marshaled and tested - fully updated firmware, gigabit ethernet for wired connections, tested with both auto and manual channel selection (noise reduction) etc etc.

I can also assure that I'm not in the minority, I've also spoken privately to the Xiaomi liaison here who has indicated the are aware of the deeper networking bug.
Then I guess we'll just chalk it up to the effects of your magnetic personality.

Mar 7, 2017
good evening I speak very badly your language so excuse me you have news on OTA servers of mibox there is more since Sunday no update of proposed people receive their box under MM firmware 699 and can not do anything Oreo is not even proposed by you know the cause thank you for your answer ans golf night^^

Jul 29, 2015
good evening I speak very badly your language so excuse me you have news on OTA servers of mibox there is more since Sunday no update of proposed people receive their box under MM firmware 699 and can not do anything Oreo is not even proposed by you know the cause thank you for your answer ans golf night^^
If you look at forum posts in the last 3 days there is a link to Oreo build 2179 with complete instructions

Jul 29, 2015
Just an update my box has not disconnect ed for a day now i flash firmware to 2179 that did not fix my wifi issue but changing wifi to channel 11 ht20 sorted the issue...

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
So, you were vexed by an issue totally unrelated to Oreo system firmware?

What a surprise...

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2017
If you look at forum posts in the last 3 days there is a link to Oreo build 2179 with complete instructions
good evening @miboy thank you for your answer but people are in panic because there is more OTA of proposed know you cause it thank you and good night ^^
do they restart OTA servers with Oreo?

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2015
good evening @miboy thank you for your answer but people are in panic because there is more OTA of proposed know you cause it thank you and good night ^^
do they restart OTA servers with Oreo?

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4 en utilisant Tapatalk
The link I referenced leads to an official google/xiaomi OTA server and the file for build 2179 is original Xiaomi product

Build 2179 is the most recent TESTED Oreo build.

I will not link to the inferior buggy, UNTESTED 2303 OTA build for your safety and my sanity

Mar 7, 2017
The link I referenced leads to an official google/xiaomi OTA server and the file for build 2179 is original Xiaomi product

Build 2179 is the most recent TESTED Oreo build.

I will not link to the inferior buggy, UNTESTED 2303 OTA build for your safety and my sanity

hi @miboy thanks for your answer but i'm not looking for any link 2179 or 2303 people buy the mibox 3 in MM 699 what do they do with the ota is out? it's the people's question ? bonne journée a tous good day all^^

it's just a question I do not want to disturb anyone ,do they restart OTA servers ?

https://www.dzsat.org/forum/f492/deplacer-aptoidetv-vers-l-ecrans-principal-470505.html#post2160377
miboy.PNG

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018
maybe am i the minority... but for my setup, 2179 isn't any better than 2303.

i just wish the release of Mibox S, will also fixed this 'first-gen' Mibox.
You aren't in the minority, it's really only one user here repeatedly pushing 2179 as a cure. It's still worth the attempt because it's easy enough to install (if you are relatively tech savy) but barely anyone has reported any significant improvement in that build compared to 2303.

Jul 29, 2015
You aren't in the minority, it's really only one user here repeatedly pushing 2179 as a cure. It's still worth the attempt because it's easy enough to install (if you are relatively tech savy) but barely anyone has reported any significant improvement in that build compared to 2303.
Nonsense...there are hundreds of thousands of MiBox owners who availed themselves of the 2303 OTA. The unfortunate few who are experiencing issues are extremely vocal with their complaints.

That's how the forums on the open internet work. You have a very limited perspective if you only focus on the complainers that piss and moan the loudest and give no consideration to the 'silent majority' who happily (and quietly) go about consuming content.

I have been involved with hacking and modding Xiaomi STBs since 2014 and have carefully tracked every firmware release, both public and private.

Were it not for the heroic efforts by the creator of this forum to browbeat the Xiaomi developer team into cooperating, ALL of us would be stuck with a disastrous OTA build 2094.
That dedication, on a purely volunteer basis, has resulted in great progress from the abomination of initial Oreo build 2094.

Xiaomi produced several private builds which were tested by members of this forum. Xiaomi responded to our comments and gradually overcame the bulk of critical issues, culminating in a fully tested and vetted build 2179.

It was a great surprise when they created a mass release OTA build 2303. Somehow Xiaomi had made extra changes, without benefit of any 3rd party testing, that brought back to life many issues that had been eliminated with prior internal builds.

That is the reason I have been on the forefront boosting 2179 as the best existing build for users who have problems with 2303.

In my learned judgement the most functional of the 6 Oreo builds released by Xiaomi is 2179, a private build made available to a select few internal testers and proven to have the greatest ratio of fixes without adding other problems.

You should be applauding me for making this fully functional build available.....

Jul 29, 2015
maybe..
it's ok, i gave up already.
this box actually works fine when plugged directly to TV and happy with its speakers.
One of the major cures from early in the bugfix process versions was proper HDCP interaction with A/V equipment.
It mysteriously disappeared in the jump from 2179 to 2303.
Ignoring system reset left your box in a conflicted, confused state

flash 2179 and perform factory reset and test for different results by varying power-on sequence of your different devices

Status
Not open for further replies.