Mibox 3 July Update, Stuck On Rebooting Now And Doesn't Reboot.

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Ditto, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Ditto

DittoMembers

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Downloaded July update. Screen says downloaded and verified with option to reboot and install. Press on reboot and install and get rebooting in 10,9,8... then it says rebooting now and hangs there until it times out.
    Thinking it was possibly due to a background app preventing reboot I booted into Safe Mode to disable third-party apps, same result. Rebooted into recovery and wiped cache partition as a last resort, no luck there. Very strange since I have 2 of these boxes with identical configs and the 2nd one updated fine. Anyone else seeing this problem?

2. WookieeNo1

WookieeNo1Members

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    I have the same problem - I tried ejecting my usb extended storage and retrying but no effect.

3. Ditto

DittoMembers

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Would you be willing to share a list of downloaded apps so we could see if we have an overlap. It might help us solve the problem.

4. Daniel M

Daniel MMembers

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    I have the same problem.

5. zifitai

zifitaiMembers

Jul 28, 2017
    same problem :(

6. Fulano de Tal

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    I had the same problem, and the only solution I found, was factory reseting the box and then update.

7. bitinho

bitinhoMembers

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    same problem :-(
    Hi ☺I have the problem too...can you tell me what this update is about pliz( 424.4 MB dise) . I d prefer not to reset my mibox for now if it Is not for nougat ...tks ☺

8. Fulano de Tal

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    No, unfortunately it is not Nougat yet. :(
    I think they are just a few bug fixes, however I have not noticed anything different.

If someone finds something that has been fixed, please share it with us. ;)

9. bitinho

bitinhoMembers

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    Tks ☺ ☺☺

10. WookieeNo1

WookieeNo1Members

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    #10WookieeNo1,Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    I wouldn't have thought apps installed would be the cause, unless they're side-loaded, but do any of you experiencing the issue have Developer Options active?

I activated it, and it cant (to the best of my knowledge) be disabled.

11. mgibbons

mgibbonsMembers

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    I have the same problem... Stuck at rebooting.. Dont really want to factory reset.

So hopefully will wait for other procedure.

Krs

Mark

12. vanadium

vanadiumMembers

Nov 21, 2015
    Male
    same here. Does anyone have the July update image so we can update it via recovery?

13. WookieeNo1

WookieeNo1Members

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    there's a link on another thread in the forum - lookup "Mibox Mdz-16-ab July 2017 Update For 6.01 (original Google Source Url)" - I can't post links (yet)

14. paperodigomma

Sep 16, 2015
    Manual update working good

Inviato dal mio MI 4S utilizzando Tapatalk

15. hypernative

May 26, 2017
    Male
    Same problem here

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

16. bruno.ximenes

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Same problem here, how i can do a "Manual update" paperodigomma?

hypernative likes this.
  17. JoergR

JoergRMembers

Aug 6, 2017
    Male
    I have the same problem.
    How to manual update, how is it possible to erase the update / Status from the Box that an update is ready to install (click and reboot)?
    I started Mi in saved Modus (then all apps are disabled) but no effect. The Box will not restart after the procedure of reboot/install and 10,9,8,....

18. Sardokar

SardokarMembers

Aug 8, 2017
    Male
    Paris
    Hi all,

For me, it was the same: "Press on reboot and install and get rebooting in 10,9,8... then stuck" But when you are in the state "rebooting" you have on the right the button "Download". Click on it and you will be unstuck.
    It has work for me.

Hope it will help you guys

19. bruno.ximenes

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Hi all,
    I finally could do the update. The problem was that there wasn't enough space.
    When I look into the android manager looks like there was 2Gb free.
    But using a file explorer I discovered a 1.9Gb file that a side-loaded app create i just delete it and the upgrade could be started.
    I don't know why android didn't recognize this file as used memory, but that was the problem.

I hope that it could help some of you.

20. crymsonfyre

Wednesday
    Male
    Hi please I need help in any way. I have the mi box but had it updated to a nougat 1028 build and it's constantly trying to update the July security patch. However since this is a 6.0 update, it will "not" work on a 7.0 build, but will continue to try updating that fix. I can't stop it. Is there a detailed way I can revert to 6.0 please and or bypass that July security update?
    mainville.walter@gmail.com

21. Ditto

DittoMembers

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    You can
    A: ignore the update and not install it
    B: Flash a factory image for marshmallow from the xiaomi site. ( if you simply flash a marshmallow rom you will encounter DRM problems that will prevent you from using apps like netflix etc.) Flashing a factory image will erase all data so make a backup.

22. Ditto

DittoMembers

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Factory images here: ht tp://en.miui.com/thread-323779-1-1.html
    Make sure to chooee the appropriate file for your device.
    Remove the space between the t t in http since i can't post links i had to add a space.

23. crymsonfyre

Wednesday
    Male
    The update installs on it's own and I can't seem to disable it or stop it and when it does try it just goes to error and I reboot it, sucks when watching something or trying to and it reboots after the box being on for 5 mins. As for the drm, I read there it a way to download a drm img file but I cant find the link anymore. I really am a newbie though and as for Netflix and Chromecast yeah losing Chromecast would suck :(

24. Ditto

DittoMembers

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Your best bet at this point is stick with nougat. Just did a little more digging on your issue and I'm afraid reverting to MM is going to be problematic no matter how you go about it. On the plus side users in your position have reported that allowing the update to proceed results in a failure and then the box reboots normally. Hope this helps.

25. crymsonfyre

Wednesday
    Male
    What does drm mean? And will it be lost forever? Or when an update happens will it fix it? Idk I just feel at a loss right now I just got this box and already I made it useless. I can't stop or ignore the update as as soon as I turn it on the update begins and will restart on it's on and fail

Share Our Site