MIBOX Pro, Need help with Factory data reset

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by Mahe, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    #1Mahe,Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Bought a mibox pro from China and have been using it for a few days. Today tried to use it, the pilot light is on but cannot see anything on the screen. Tried reset by holding the home and option screen whilst pluging it in to the main but still cannot view anything on the screen. Any other way of resetting or reinstaling the OS connected computer using USB cable. Any help appreciated.

Updated: Progress made, I managed to see the 'THE MIBOX SYSTEM RECOVER' menu.

The following option are available,

REBOOT

WIPE CACHE

WIPE USER DATA

WIPE ALL DATA

When I select option button 'REBOOT' the following option appear,

REBOOT INTO THE SYSTEM 1 (RECENT)

REBOOT INTO THE SYSTEM 2

BACK TO MENU

I tried choosing 'REBOOT INTO THE SYSTEM 1 (RECENT)', but did not to solve the problem.

Anyone know which option I should select to do a Factory data reset.

2. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    After 'Restore factory settings' and booting up, 'User authentication failure' appears.

3. reykha

reykhaMembers

Jul 1, 2014
    Male
    Hi Mahe,

I have almost the same problem. How did you restore to the factory settings?
    Which options should I choose:
    - WIPE CACHE
    - WIPE USER DATA
    - WIPE ALL DATA

Thanks!

4. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    I think you should try, the option in the order above. Hopefully the first option will solve your problem. If not proceed to the next. Please use the last option as your last resort.

I tried to the last option and all previously installed apps were deleted. Now when I boot up the 'User authentication faliure' message appears. Although I get progress past this message now I only see ICNTV screen but cannot play any programs probably due to this message.

I was hoping someone would help but no one were replying to my post, in the end made the wrong choice.

5. EDLIM

EDLIMMembers

Aug 31, 2014
    Male
    I am experiencing the same problem as above after WIPE ALL DATA...blue screen (authentication failure) appears.. SOMEONE
    PLEASE HELP !!!

6. reykha

reykhaMembers

Jul 1, 2014
    Male
    I tried all the 3 options, but I still got the blue screen.

After pressing the Back button several times (7-10), I was able to access the ICNTV screen, but still not able to play movies or tv series. When pressing on the Home button I got the blue screen again. So I decided to install another launcher, called 万花筒视频 (http://down.znds.com/apk/vod/2013/0928/10.html) and set that as the default launcher.

Now I am able to watch Movies and TV Series. :)

7. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    Hi reykha,

To install another launcher. Did you use a micro sim card?

8. reykha

reykhaMembers

Jul 1, 2014
    Male
    To install an apk using ICNTV:
    - From the Main screen, go to the sixth (main) menu item from the left
    - Go down, and choose the top left icon (a bag with the text 'MI')
    - Go down, and choose the most right icon (arrow down within a circle)
    - Choose the fourth icon (arrow down)
    - Now you will see an url, open that url in a web browser on your pc and follow the instructions

After you have installed 万花筒视频, you can set this as the default launcher, the steps below:
    - From the Main screen, go to the sixth (main) menu item from the left
    - Go down, and choose the top left icon (a bag with the text 'MI')
    - Go down, and choose the most right icon (arrow down within a circle)
    - Choose the fifth icon (Android)
    - Choose the last icon
    - Start the app
    - Go to the Home section, in here you can change the launcher

9. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    Thanks. Installed. Now can play movies and tv series.

There is a lot of buffering. Considering buying a
    USB 2.0 to 10/100Mbps RJ45 LAN Ethernet Network Adapter for MiBOX. Wishes the mibox pro had a RJ45 LAN Ethernet Network port.

Have anyone tried installing the following apks,

Google Services Framework

Google Play Services

Google Play Store

ES File Explorer

Chrome

MX Player

YouTube

XH Home for TV (English UI Replacement)

10. it is possible, the way to do it is described in the main miboxpro thread. You need root
    BUT so far it has been useless because the google play store does not recognize the mibox device. You need other apps to trick the google store into thinking the mibox is another device. i haven't tried that yet. Editing the build.prop file breaks wifi.

so far i install my apps through searching and downloading the apks on the net or through the snappea store.
    they all work nicely. you need to install an additional codec pack for mxplayer (which if i remember well requires root)
    nope.

11. jian

jianMembers

Apr 29, 2014
    Male
    Hi, i also want change my launcher (to shafa launcher) but the step "- Choose the fifth icon (Android)" isn't in my menu... what can I do? this menu right?
    [​IMG]

12. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    I think you need to download the Shafa apk at http://www.shafa.com/market

Then instal it on the Mibox.

13. jian

jianMembers

Apr 29, 2014
    Male
    I already downloaded and installed the shafa app and the shafa launcher two days ago. I already use the shafa launcher, but I want, if I press the Homebutton on the Remote, not always go to the ICNTV Bluscreen.

14. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    Did you go to the Android setting under 'Home' to see if Shafa is in the list of launchers?

15. jian

jianMembers

Apr 29, 2014
    Male
    thanx for the quick response.. hmmm, do you mean the home button under the remote with long press? or in which Android setting? sorry :)

16. Mahe

MaheMembers

Aug 27, 2014
    Male
    I have the fifth Andoroid icon. Not sure why you don't.

17. yes, that menu. use the last icon (the one you highlighted) to view the "downloaded apps" in the downloaded apps, you will find the android settings app, a browser, a download manager. from there you can execute the "downloaded apps" and for example change the android settings, search and download an apk from the browser and install a downloaded apk through the downlaod manager.

Have fun.

Denis

Share Our Site