Mibox3enhanced (mdz-18-aa) Androidtv 1.0.0

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi Box / Mi TV' started by naruto20007, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    use the script from 4pda and done...

but netflix dont work for me

2. Romanos

RomanosMembers

Nov 11, 2016
    Male
    can you help with that? because 4pda is in russian and i have no idea what to do.

3. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    you need to download this file:
    https://yadi.sk/d/OG7H_uU3wbdUM

after download, uncompress it and copy to the device, into internal storage, and dont change folder name.

the best way is root it, then change to supersu, or not, it deppends on you, and after copy the file, you need to run as root the scrypt named Install_GappsTV.sh

you can do from terminal, or from the bundled software, granting root permissions, and then before executing it, marking su box.

the box will be rebooted, after that, you have almost 100% android tx, except netflix as I said before.
    You can use netflix with standard apk, not ninja version

4. zuraDV

zuraDVMembers

Feb 14, 2017
    Male
    Try this one from 1.5.2 and got boot loop. Is there any other way? or maybe I miss a step on doing it?

5. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    For mw flashing with flashfire allways get a bootlop.
    Use the script that I post, it works over any version.
    There are 2 problems, miracast dont work, and netflix only works the non tv version

Enviado desde mi LG-D851 mediante Tapatalk

6. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Netflix is very sensitive as to which devices are permitted to receive streams at resolutions over 480p.

In the Android world, the only devices that qualify are Amazon Fire TV, and official devices running ANDROIDTV such as Nvidia Shield, Asus Nexus Player, Xiaomi MDZ-16-AB, AIRTV from Dish Network, and a few odd Wetek devices.
    If you are running any other generic android box, tablet or phone, you are stuck at Netflix streaming at 480 res or less.

This assumes you have sufficient bandwidth and the proper level of Netflix subscription.

You can verify your streaming properties by playing Netflix test files. Search for "TEST PATTERNS" and run. You will see real-time values in yellow text in upper right of screen showing current bandwidth, resolution and color depth.
    This will provide objective, scientific proof as to the capabilities of the connected TV box.

7. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    As I say, the problem is that netflix tv app dont work. I dont pretend 4k or 1080 streaming, but dont work the app, it closes at start.
    Generik netflix app, the phone one, works at 480p like with stock xiaomi rom

8. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Exactly as expected. Netflix 'NINJA' version only works on true AndroidTV devices.
    Simply because a machine can be rigged with Leanback Launcher does not magically impart official AndroidTV functionality.

9. kingofroot

kingofrootMembers

Feb 15, 2017
    Male
    Any luck with MDZ-19-AA? :(

10. ike boateng

Oct 25, 2016
    Male
    visit http://miui.vn for more info and a new rom for your xiaomi tv box.. especially MDZ-18-AA

11. miboy

miboyMembers

Jul 29, 2015
    Yes

12. Romanos

RomanosMembers

Nov 11, 2016
    Male
    well i dit it as you said, and it worked, but after i installed and set up kodi, it force closes after a few minutes into a video

13. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    The problem is kingroot, not the rom, change to supersu before flash that rom with mrw script

14. Romanos

RomanosMembers

Nov 11, 2016
    Male
    thats not the problem because i dwas already on supersu when i flashed the rom. As i understand it, kodi closes after e few minutes on inactivity, but i have changed all my settings for screen sleeping etc to never, so i dont know what causes the problem, also i dont get an error when kodi closes, it just sends me to my home screen.

15. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    I dont have that problem sr... Kodi works great for me

Enviado desde mi ZTE A2017G mediante Tapatalk

16. Romanos

RomanosMembers

Nov 11, 2016
    Male
    do you use exodus with it? because i use it with exodus and e few subtittles addons

17. Emmanuel Guarda

May 26, 2016
    Male
    Whatbis exodus? I use a few video addons and subtitles too

Enviado desde mi ZTE A2017G mediante Tapatalk

18. Romanos

RomanosMembers

Nov 11, 2016
    Male
    its a video addon, anyway i think im gonna do a factory reset and see if kodi works fine with the stock rom

19. mojitomaster

Mar 14, 2017
    Male
    Hi to all!

This is my 1st post over here and I would like to leave this video over here that worked perfectly with my MDZ 18 AA. Russian is not my language and I managed to follow all the steps easily.

You just need to update your box to firmware 1.5.2.

www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=IJ60IZjQbxk

I would also like to leave a question over here. What chinese apps are safe to remove from mibox?

Best Regards,

Mojito

Share Our Site