Micro USB port connexion problems

Oct 5, 2013
Hi,
I have mi Mi2a since 6 month, i take very good care of it, but since 4 weeks, I have connexion problem on my micro usb charge port. I need toput the cable and the phone in a certain way that the cable weight down when the phone repose on his back.

This night it became a worse as the phone discharge totally because of cycling through charging/not charging (false contact with usb cable) and i had to shut it down
i am not sure though if the problem come from the micro usb plug itself or the soldering on the board. i was looking for a kind of repair manual or instruction or exploded view to know wich part i have to replace and where to find it.

I am not afraid to do repair as repairing phone is my job, but i prefer to gather information first, even i know it'll put it OOW.

Thanks for your help

Aug 29, 2013
Simply dust or dirt inside the housing maybe? Take a vacuum to it, that helped me before. Or maybe a small q-tip swab.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Oct 5, 2013
I tried this already. I'm pretty sure not for me it seems a false contact in the micro usb plug. Anyway the phone almost don't take charge anymore... i had to buy new one. I'll check later

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk

Oct 29, 2013
Oh my. I have been facing the exact same problem for the past week. There is no dust built in the port and I need to weigh it down to charge it. I used scotch tape to press the connector down and charge it fully. I am figuring out a way to fix it. :(

Oct 5, 2013
Exactly the same i think that it is main board replacement but i am not sure because i don't have any ressources to check this

Oct 29, 2013
That's how I was able to charge my phone now. Bought the phone in May. Problem with the whole lot? Problems become worst. Yes. My bet is that the solder is bad/cracked for the USB port on the board. Hence unable to charge normally.

Oct 5, 2013
That's my bet too. I could do it recently by blocking the charging phone between two wood panes of a chair

Oct 29, 2013
Use scotch tape to press the usb down onto the connector. Scotch tape leaves no glue residue. Need to find a fix for this soon. I emailed ******* support.

Attachments

Oct 5, 2013
Not until i'll repair it. I'll keep it for spare phone in case (don't wanna fall back to a nokia in case i Have a problem with my primary phone). I was planning to buy a mi3 anywzy, too bad i couldn't wait it was out, but i hope miui will get his way on the LG G2 Soon enough. For now mihome saved my day

Oct 29, 2013
I found a fix online after some searching. But you need a replacement part - Micro USB Flex cable. Its a small circuit board with the connector. I asked ******* and they said they don't have it. Or this is available on ebay:

http://tinyurl.com/ms3ateq

That's a replacement micro-USB port. Need to desolder the existing and solder this and my guess it would work.

Oct 29, 2013
Update. My phone was not charging any longer. Took it apart. Looking for this defective part replacement.

Need a replacement for this. Unable to find it. Anyone?
IMGP2139.JPG
IMGP2142.JPG

Oct 5, 2013
Cool pictures. Yes we need to find these parts but i couldn't find a part broker for xiaomi. I'm going to try to ask sciphone first then xiaomi directly

Oct 29, 2013
So I was able to solder a new Micro-USB port on the phone. Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue. The whole module needs replacement. Not just the micro-usb port. Tough luck finding that.

Oct 5, 2013
I've sent message to sciphone where i bought it. I asked them if it's not taken under warrznty if they can get a hold on that part. If i have negative i'll ask xiaomi directly.

Mikek

Members
Oct 18, 2012
That part I am sure is bad on daughters phone, also. Replaced USB port, didn't fix. Ended up with spare battery and external charger to keep hers working'

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk