Microphone Problem And Usb-pc Connection

Lovecraft

Members
Feb 26, 2016
Hey guys. I'm posting here for the first time because of two problems I have on my Redmi Note 2.

The first one is pretty recent, happened about 1 or 2 days ago and it has been like that ever since. If I call someone they can't hear me very well, it sounds muffled. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem and I'm kinda reluctant to send it to warranty. Is there a chance this is a software problem/bug and that it can be solved?

The other problem has been around for a whle and I managed to overlook it because I transfered my data through Cloud services. But now I could really use connecting my Redmi Note 2 through USB to my PC cause I need to backup my data (want to flash the CM 12.1 ROM). Problem is, once I connect it, it only charges. The Mi Suite only recognizes my phone when I turn USB Debugging mode ON and even so I can't make a backup (I can transfer photos though). What I really wanted was for it just to show up on My Computer and me able to access it like a normal Android phone, just like a flash drive or a hard disk.

I also wonder if flashing a new ROM (like the CM 12.1) might solve both of this problems.

I hope you can help me.
Thank you.