Microsoft teams keeps crashing

RobotPhone

Members
Mar 6, 2023
Teams used to work on my xiaomi.eu flashed mi 11 Venus but suddenly started crashing, I've tried every fix possible except for clean flashing my ROM, I even updated the ROM to the latest version but it still crashes. I have used other ROMs on my phone before xiaomi.eu and there have been no such issues, so I was wondering if the ROM is the reason it's not working. FYI all other apps work perfectly fine including banking apps, is there maybe a check that Teams runs that prevents it from working on Xiaomi.eu?

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

Teams used to work on my xiaomi.eu flashed mi 11 Venus but suddenly started crashing, I've tried every fix possible except for clean flashing my ROM, I even updated the ROM to the latest version but it still crashes. I have used other ROMs on my phone before xiaomi.eu and there have been no such issues, so I was wondering if the ROM is the reason it's not working. FYI all other apps work perfectly fine including banking apps, is there maybe a check that Teams runs that prevents it from working on Xiaomi.eu?

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk
Already answered, not a bug. So please search and read before opening a new post:

Already answered, not a bug. So please search and read before opening a new post:
What I found from your link was the discussion about hating MS Teams, "we can do nothing", etc (maybe further down there was some howto but it was not directly where the link points to)

However, solution is simple as below (how I fixed on Xiaomi.eu Stable 14)

- Open Settings and search for Permissions
- Follow the clicks as on the screenshots 1,2,3

After that Teams opens without crashing

Also, in the Settings, Apps, Teams, Behaviour it can be seen that it indeed uses Get Device Info permission every time on launching the app

So it's not really a problem (only) on the Teams side but also:

- Teams does not ask for Get Device Info on installation and MIUI blocks all not asked/granted permissions

- In MIUI, if you go directly to Settings, Apps, <an app>, Permissions, you will find nothing about Get Device Info permission - there are several other (standard) permissions but not any of those special permissions

And you have to search around the spaghetti Settings menus to find and grant it (the same troubles with the other special permissions)

Moreover, if you don't use an app for weeks, MIUI will automatically block all the previously given (special) permissions and when you later try to open that app, it will not work since the removed permissions, and you will have to waste time again to find what and how to set/fix

Attachments

• IMG_20240104_084816.jpg
    IMG_20240104_084816.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20240104_084904.jpg
    IMG_20240104_084904.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20240104_085013.jpg
    IMG_20240104_085013.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20240104_085047.jpg
    IMG_20240104_085047.jpg