Mihome Stuff?

Gazzzman

Members
Oct 10, 2017
I have bought several smarthome devices from Xiaomi.
2 Ceiling lights (that are great BTW)
about a dozen colour Yeelights
a few white Yeelights
and a MiHome kit (human sensor door contact, push button, hub, and socket

my problem is simple
only some devices are supported on each server!
so, for example, the hub is only listed on the Chinese Server
the Ceiling lights however, are not
the yeelights (Colour) work on the chinese server, the white ones work in the yeelight app but not the MiHome app at all (I might have that the wrong way round)
is there a server combination (preferably with English device listings)
that will support all my devices, plus some of the cameras when I buy some?
Any thoughts anyone?
Thanks
Love and Peace
Gazzzman

I have bought several smarthome devices from Xiaomi.
2 Ceiling lights (that are great BTW)
about a dozen colour Yeelights
a few white Yeelights
and a MiHome kit (human sensor door contact, push button, hub, and socket

my problem is simple
only some devices are supported on each server!
so, for example, the hub is only listed on the Chinese Server
the Ceiling lights however, are not
the yeelights (Colour) work on the chinese server, the white ones work in the yeelight app but not the MiHome app at all (I might have that the wrong way round)
is there a server combination (preferably with English device listings)
that will support all my devices, plus some of the cameras when I buy some?
Any thoughts anyone?
Thanks
Love and Peace
Gazzzman
Use region china in Gateway settings so you have all the devices.

Use region china in Gateway settings so you have all the devices.
thanks Dogiex I will give that a try tonight!
I "think" I remember I couldn't get my circular Ceiling lights to connect to that, but, I will reset everything and give it another go!
the sad part is, I am pretty sure doing that means I can't use alexa to turn the lights on and off (being for all intents and purposes blind, alexa made life a lot easier, but I need to be able to use the human detectors and sockets)
love and peace
Gazzzman

You need to make 100% sure at the initial time of opening all and setting up that you select Mainland China as the Locale, English for UI is fine, don't try to adjust it afterwards or settings etc will be lost due to the locale and server changes and subsequent attempts may pose issues when devices don't match the original target locale.

Some locations do not support all devices as you know, so better to default to Mainland China for all. You could also buy from our store if you wanted further tech support for the products :)

Reactions: hjirik and dogiex
You need to make 100% sure at the initial time of opening all and setting up that you select Mainland China as the Locale, English for UI is fine, don't try to adjust it afterwards or settings etc will be lost due to the locale and server changes and subsequent attempts may pose issues when devices don't match the original target locale.

Some locations do not support all devices as you know, so better to default to Mainland China for all. You could also buy from our store if you wanted further tech support for the products :)
Hi Mark!
thanks for your help!
I only learned of your existence yesterday LOL ;)
I bought most of the stuff directly from Xiaomi
but, as often happens, it grew organically..
first Yeelights, then, a few months later, the Ceiling lights (and BTW they are brilliant) all that worked with Alexa (Singaporean Server) then, thinking to improve further, I bought the Hub and sensors etc.
so, if I reset all the bulbs, ceiling lights and hub to the mainlnand China server, (and I realise everything will have to be started from scratch) will it all work?
two final problems I foresee.. do you happen to know if IFTT supports the china server? and, is there going to be a way to get Alexa to work?
(I promise, if I get these bits working, I will buy the rest off you LOL ;) )
Love and peace
Gazzzman

Hi Mark!
thanks for your help!
Hi Gazzzman ;-)

I only learned of your existence yesterday LOL ;)
I bought most of the stuff directly from Xiaomi
but, as often happens, it grew organically..

Yep - my apartment has over 100+ MiJia enabled smart devices so I hear you on that one :)
first Yeelights, then, a few months later, the Ceiling lights (and BTW they are brilliant) all that worked with Alexa (Singaporean Server) then, thinking to improve further, I bought the Hub and sensors etc.

Cool!

so, if I reset all the bulbs, ceiling lights and hub to the mainlnand China server, (and I realise everything will have to be started from scratch) will it all work?

In theory, yes, but better to check in practice ;-)

two final problems I foresee.. do you happen to know if IFTT supports the china server? and, is there going to be a way to get Alexa to work?
(I promise, if I get these bits working, I will buy the rest off you LOL ;) )
Love and peace
Gazzzman

I believe it does for some and others Singapore? Honestly, i'd need to double check ;-) As for Alexa, hmmm, MiJia has an OpenAPI but you need to apply to access it. Cool re other bits, we're always here, even if there's a product not on the site, i'll be able to help get it for you.

Cheers,

Mark