MiJia Compact Smart Projector Wifi Problem

spikejoss

Members
Oct 3, 2021
Same problem here since 2 months after an update.
Is there any news about this thing? Projector is totally useless w/o wifi working

Reactions: Bartyx

bmtchris

Members
Aug 25, 2021
Hi .... still the same problem 2 months later... are they going to fix their update?
post in the twitter thread linked a couple of posts back. at least xiaomi and xiaomi support are more likely to see it than here

Sep 26, 2021
U may use this temporary solution, turn off 5GHz band and use only 2.4GHz. Also, u can create 2 wlans, one for Xiaomi projector with 2.4GHz and second dual-band for everything else.

Xiaomidude93

Members
Oct 17, 2021
Hi Bard. I had tried this unfortunately it did not work. I am able to Hotspot my phone to the projecter without any problem though (using either 5 or 2 ghz). So I'm wondering if Xiaomi just isnt playing nice with Fritzbox specifically?
U may use this temporary solution, turn off 5GHz band and use only 2.4GHz. Also, u can create 2 wlans, one for Xiaomi projector with 2.4GHz and second dual-band for everything else.

bmtchris

Members
Aug 25, 2021
i gave up and just bought a roku stick to plug into the projector. works fine, but ridiculous i had to spend more money just to make this projector work

Reactions: Xiaomidude93

NachoG

Members
Oct 22, 2021
Same problem here since last update. Is there an official communication about it? Two months seems enough time for me to say something. This issue is getting the product useless.
Can someone confirm if a usb-ethernet adapters solves the problem? Would be awesome to have a proper fix but doesn't look like is going to come soon.