Mijia Home Apps Support

Eddie Chan

Members
Nov 1, 2016
Bought a few devices for the ecosystem around the mi-home gateway.
By itself all devices work fine. But when I wanted to share the device with my wife phone,
I ran into problem. I am using Mi3 and she's on iphone. I could see that I sent her a share gateway,
but on her iphone she doesn't see it.

Has anyone share this ecosystem among family members and should they be on the same platform.

Thanks for kind assistance.

I'm also using Mi Home Gateway, shared it to my wife (we are both on Android/MIUI). She can see the gateway but can't use Profiles, I added and can't add own Profiles.. Seems to me that although Xiaomi phones are great, Mi Home software is full of bugs and crappy :-(
Same for the Mi 360° Webcam, sometimes it works, sometimes not, no support and no updates...

Bought a few devices for the ecosystem around the mi-home gateway.
By itself all devices work fine. But when I wanted to share the device with my wife phone,
I ran into problem. I am using Mi3 and she's on iphone. I could see that I sent her a share gateway,
but on her iphone she doesn't see it.

Has anyone share this ecosystem among family members and should they be on the same platform.

Thanks for kind assistance.
iPhone APP has long been an issue, especially concerning the feature you mention about sharing devices with your wife's iPhone! for Android to Android it seems to be OK. The bugs been present at least 1.5 yrs and I had mentioned it to their Global product manager, but... as usual, they do not listen to advice from foreigner.

I'm also using Mi Home Gateway, shared it to my wife (we are both on Android/MIUI). She can see the gateway but can't use Profiles, I added and can't add own Profiles.. Seems to me that although Xiaomi phones are great, Mi Home software is full of bugs and crappy :-(
Same for the Mi 360° Webcam, sometimes it works, sometimes not, no support and no updates...
limitation of functionality for sure.

limitation of functionality for sure.
I think being a localise chinese company, they can't be bother with International Sales. Their products are good by itself but I can honestly say that their International non-chinese speaking customer support is "crap". I wonder how the mainland chinese feel about the product support they get? Just a matter of time, customers will be witted away. Btw, apparently they are very good in hardware but not so for software development, especially on desktop let alone in android's

I think being a localise chinese company, they can't be bother with International Sales. Their products are good by itself but I can honestly say that their International non-chinese speaking customer support is "crap". I wonder how the mainland chinese feel about the product support they get? Just a matter of time, customers will be witted away. Btw, apparently they are very good in hardware but not so for software development, especially on desktop let alone in android's
As not to show any biased...

I agree, they royally SUCK at Localisation for other countries... MIUI is 7 years old and without our sites project the GLOBAL MIUI would not even be a THING!

Fast forward a few years and I tried to reach out to the GLOBAL Xiaomi team, they just more or less looked at my help like crap (as you've stated). I sent a LOT of English fixes for Mi Home when Hugo Barra was still heading global management team but since he left, all useless more and more now, not that it was GREAT when he was there either!

I think the main issues are that they still firmly depend on Chinese market (Chinese are after all very opportunity based people) and also coupled with the fact they actually lack hugely the ethic and mindset of a GLOBAL company, because they are Chinese... Chinese can learn English, perhaps learn the culture of others too but actually they have no common logic to process the cultural divide clearly in tangible measure!

So, like Meizu, like OnePlus, they all lack on this element of TRUE global support. Yes also agree, software side, Xiaomi lack heavily, the hardware is actually down to other talented companies incubated by Xiaomi!

My two cents as a veteran in China and also of Xiaomi / MIUI / Mi Eco System.

Reactions: cobben
realreal effort studying their effort in India.
As not to show any biased...

I agree, they royally SUCK at Localisation for other countries... MIUI is 7 years old and without our sites project the GLOBAL MIUI would not even be a THING!

Fast forward a few years and I tried to reach out to the GLOBAL Xiaomi team, they just more or less looked at my help like crap (as you've stated). I sent a LOT of English fixes for Mi Home when Hugo Barra was still heading global management team but since he left, all useless more and more now, not that it was GREAT when he was there either!

I think the main issues are that they still firmly depend on Chinese market (Chinese are after all very opportunity based people) and also coupled with the fact they actually lack hugely the ethic and mindset of a GLOBAL company, because they are Chinese... Chinese can learn English, perhaps learn the culture of others too but actually they have no common logic to process the cultural divide clearly in tangible measure!

So, like Meizu, like OnePlus, they all lack on this element of TRUE global support. Yes also agree, software side, Xiaomi lack heavily, the hardware is actually down to other talented companies incubated by Xiaomi!

My two cents as a veteran in China and also of Xiaomi / MIUI / Mi Eco System.

Xiaomi seems to be making a real effort to get it right in India, including local support & service.

Probably because, as you say, they see a really big opportunity there. As opposed to the more stagnant markets in western countries.

Just an impression I've gotten, not done any real study of it.

I think with India, Indians could substantially provide assistance to their products. But, at the end of days, it all depends whether Xioami itself would want to be a global player.