MiPad 4 Plus is recognized as phone

Jul 11, 2017
Hi. I recently bought a MiPad 4 Plus, and when I want to download the app for my bank (financial organisation), I can't download the app designed for tablet. I can only choose the app for mobile phone.
A similar problem happens with the app for the newspaper. There is no different app for tablets or phones, but I can only read the newspaper online in portrait mode, not in landscape, like when you use a tablet.
I have the original MIUI (Chinese and English).
Is there anyone out here that has this same "problem"?

Nov 8, 2016
Hi. I hope you don't mind me going off topic but can you use your mi pad 4 plus to make phone calls with a sim (not messenger/vibr-like apps)? Tnx!

Jul 11, 2017
Hi. I guess not because it doesn't has the "phone app", the green telephone horn. It also doesn't support cellular network, only 4G/LTE. Despite that, the Google app store and some apps recognise the tablet as a phone. Strange.

Igor Eisberg

Patch/Mod Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Hi,
Do you expect to change this in the future? I don't know the effects in details, but I think it's not ideal on a 10.1" device.
Thanks a lot for your work,
Luca
If you don't know, then don't guess. Not likely to change, because there is no Mi Pad 4 that passes SafetyNet check, since there is no Global ROM for it.